Havering and Redbridge AM Roger Evans wants to make London ‘the greatest city on earth’ in new post
- Credit: Archant
Havering and Redbridge AM Roger Evans has said he wants to overcome political differences to make London “the greatest city on earth” in his new role as deputy chairman of the London Assembly.
He was elected unanimously to the position today during the assembly’s annual meeting.
The Conservative member is also deputy chairman of the audit panel and sits on the police and crime and transport committees.
He said: “I look forward serving Londoners in my new role as deputy chairman and hope that I can repay the faith shown by my fellow assembly members in electing me unanimously.
“There are strong and deeply held political differences among assembly members but I know from my 13 years at City Hall that we all share the same aim - making London the greatest city on earth.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Evans moved to London from Lancashire in 1987 and was the Conservative group leader in Waltham Forest before moving to Havering Council.
He is also a published author and lawyer.
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 7 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 8 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford