Havering and Redbridge AM Roger Evans wants to make London ‘the greatest city on earth’ in new post
- Credit: Archant
Havering and Redbridge AM Roger Evans has said he wants to overcome political differences to make London “the greatest city on earth” in his new role as deputy chairman of the London Assembly.
He was elected unanimously to the position today during the assembly’s annual meeting.
The Conservative member is also deputy chairman of the audit panel and sits on the police and crime and transport committees.
He said: “I look forward serving Londoners in my new role as deputy chairman and hope that I can repay the faith shown by my fellow assembly members in electing me unanimously.
“There are strong and deeply held political differences among assembly members but I know from my 13 years at City Hall that we all share the same aim - making London the greatest city on earth.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Evans moved to London from Lancashire in 1987 and was the Conservative group leader in Waltham Forest before moving to Havering Council.
He is also a published author and lawyer.
- 1 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 3 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 4 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 5 Plans submitted for more than 500 homes on former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 6 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 Plaistow man denies murdering two men in Goodmayes
- 8 Former Redbridge Council staffer charged with child sexual exploitation crimes in Australia
- 9 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 10 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead