Havering and Redbridge AM Roger Evans wants to make London ‘the greatest city on earth’ in new post
- Credit: Archant
Havering and Redbridge AM Roger Evans has said he wants to overcome political differences to make London “the greatest city on earth” in his new role as deputy chairman of the London Assembly.
He was elected unanimously to the position today during the assembly’s annual meeting.
The Conservative member is also deputy chairman of the audit panel and sits on the police and crime and transport committees.
He said: “I look forward serving Londoners in my new role as deputy chairman and hope that I can repay the faith shown by my fellow assembly members in electing me unanimously.
“There are strong and deeply held political differences among assembly members but I know from my 13 years at City Hall that we all share the same aim - making London the greatest city on earth.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Evans moved to London from Lancashire in 1987 and was the Conservative group leader in Waltham Forest before moving to Havering Council.
He is also a published author and lawyer.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 7 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 8 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 9 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 10 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown