Haven House hospice will benefit from X Factor single and Text Santa appeal during busy December
A host of Christmas events including the release of The X Factor single and ITV1’s Text Santa appeal are set to benefit Woodford Green’s Haven House Children’s Hospice.
It has been announced that all the proceeds from the winners’ single from ITV1’s X Factor show will go to Together for Short Lives, of which Haven House is a beneficiary.
The song will be available to download and will be released as a CD single once the winner is crowned on Sunday.
James Arthur, Christopher Maloney or Jahmene Douglas are in contention in the live final.
As part of its annual fundraising appeal, the TV channel is also broadcasting footage filmed at Haven House on its This Morning show on December 17.
You may also want to watch:
A film crew visited the High Road hospice last month and focused on seven-year-old Jayden Maloney from Waltham Cross and his mum Vanessa.
Text Santa will be fundraising for six charities, including Together for Short Lives.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 4 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 5 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 6 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 7 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 8 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
- 9 Need for Frenford Foodbank won't end when pandemic does, say volunteers
- 10 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
In a packed month for the hospice, a touring production of Dick Whittington will be staged there on Saturday, courtesy of Starlight Children’s Foundation.
And eight local children and their families have been invited to attend a Christmas party at Downing Street on December 17.
For more information, visit www.havenhouse.org.uk