Hainault Business Park to get £71k worth of number plate security cameras
One hundred and twenty Hainault businesses are set to benefit from more than £71,000 worth of CCTV cameras aimed at improving security in the area.
The automatic number plate recognition cameras will be installed at four entrances and exits to the Hainault Business Park, in Forest Road.
Redbridge Council and the Hainault Business Improvement District (BID) hopes this added investment will attract more businesses, which in turn will create more jobs and private investment.
Cllr Thomas Chan said: “Since 2006, the group have worked tirelessly to improve safety for businesses there.
“I think a system like this will definitely deter potential burglars and prevent anti-social behaviour.”
You may also want to watch:
At each of the entrances, drivers will have their number plates displayed on a screen welcoming them to the park and making them aware that their plates have been recorded.
The ongoing maintenance costs of the cameras will be met by the BID.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 8 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 9 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients