Hainault Business Park to get £71k worth of number plate security cameras
One hundred and twenty Hainault businesses are set to benefit from more than £71,000 worth of CCTV cameras aimed at improving security in the area.
The automatic number plate recognition cameras will be installed at four entrances and exits to the Hainault Business Park, in Forest Road.
Redbridge Council and the Hainault Business Improvement District (BID) hopes this added investment will attract more businesses, which in turn will create more jobs and private investment.
Cllr Thomas Chan said: “Since 2006, the group have worked tirelessly to improve safety for businesses there.
“I think a system like this will definitely deter potential burglars and prevent anti-social behaviour.”
You may also want to watch:
At each of the entrances, drivers will have their number plates displayed on a screen welcoming them to the park and making them aware that their plates have been recorded.
The ongoing maintenance costs of the cameras will be met by the BID.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 3 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 7 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 10 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash