Hainault Business Park to get £71k worth of number plate security cameras
One hundred and twenty Hainault businesses are set to benefit from more than £71,000 worth of CCTV cameras aimed at improving security in the area.
The automatic number plate recognition cameras will be installed at four entrances and exits to the Hainault Business Park, in Forest Road.
Redbridge Council and the Hainault Business Improvement District (BID) hopes this added investment will attract more businesses, which in turn will create more jobs and private investment.
Cllr Thomas Chan said: “Since 2006, the group have worked tirelessly to improve safety for businesses there.
“I think a system like this will definitely deter potential burglars and prevent anti-social behaviour.”
You may also want to watch:
At each of the entrances, drivers will have their number plates displayed on a screen welcoming them to the park and making them aware that their plates have been recorded.
The ongoing maintenance costs of the cameras will be met by the BID.
- 1 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 3 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 4 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 5 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 7 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 8 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 9 Mosque director: Ilford egg attack highlights Islamophobia Muslims face
- 10 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green