Group of caravans move on from Chigwell Road site
Four caravans which moved onto a Redbridge Council-owned field in Woodford Green voluntarily left the site this morning, a council spokesman has said.
It is believed the caravans moved on to the site in Chigwell Road, near Broadmead Baptist Church, after bollards at the site entrance were removed on Friday.
Redbridge police were on the site on Wednesday morning.
The council spokesman said a community police team had worked with Vision Redbridge, who manage the site, to ensure “no further travellers” gained access.
The council was also in the process of applying to the courts for an eviction notice.
You may also want to watch:
An emergency planning team from the council visited the site and police safer neighbourhood teams delivered leaflets to homes to inform them that the police were monitoring the situation.
The spokesman added: “There is no evidence to suggest that the bollards have been removed unlawfully.”
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 10 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London