Group of caravans move on from Chigwell Road site
Four caravans which moved onto a Redbridge Council-owned field in Woodford Green voluntarily left the site this morning, a council spokesman has said.
It is believed the caravans moved on to the site in Chigwell Road, near Broadmead Baptist Church, after bollards at the site entrance were removed on Friday.
Redbridge police were on the site on Wednesday morning.
The council spokesman said a community police team had worked with Vision Redbridge, who manage the site, to ensure “no further travellers” gained access.
The council was also in the process of applying to the courts for an eviction notice.
You may also want to watch:
An emergency planning team from the council visited the site and police safer neighbourhood teams delivered leaflets to homes to inform them that the police were monitoring the situation.
The spokesman added: “There is no evidence to suggest that the bollards have been removed unlawfully.”
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 3 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 4 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 5 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 6 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 7 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 10 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff