Group of caravans move on from Chigwell Road site
Four caravans which moved onto a Redbridge Council-owned field in Woodford Green voluntarily left the site this morning, a council spokesman has said.
It is believed the caravans moved on to the site in Chigwell Road, near Broadmead Baptist Church, after bollards at the site entrance were removed on Friday.
Redbridge police were on the site on Wednesday morning.
The council spokesman said a community police team had worked with Vision Redbridge, who manage the site, to ensure “no further travellers” gained access.
The council was also in the process of applying to the courts for an eviction notice.
You may also want to watch:
An emergency planning team from the council visited the site and police safer neighbourhood teams delivered leaflets to homes to inform them that the police were monitoring the situation.
The spokesman added: “There is no evidence to suggest that the bollards have been removed unlawfully.”
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 3 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 4 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 5 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 6 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 7 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 8 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 9 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 10 Tributes paid to Ilford jazz legend Keith Nichols, who died from Covid