Group of caravans move on from Chigwell Road site
Four caravans which moved onto a Redbridge Council-owned field in Woodford Green voluntarily left the site this morning, a council spokesman has said.
It is believed the caravans moved on to the site in Chigwell Road, near Broadmead Baptist Church, after bollards at the site entrance were removed on Friday.
Redbridge police were on the site on Wednesday morning.
The council spokesman said a community police team had worked with Vision Redbridge, who manage the site, to ensure “no further travellers” gained access.
The council was also in the process of applying to the courts for an eviction notice.
You may also want to watch:
An emergency planning team from the council visited the site and police safer neighbourhood teams delivered leaflets to homes to inform them that the police were monitoring the situation.
The spokesman added: “There is no evidence to suggest that the bollards have been removed unlawfully.”
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap