Green Party candidates revealed
- Credit: Archant
David Reynolds, 57, will be standing in Ilford North, and RoseMary Warrington in Ilford South.
Mr Reynolds is an insurance broker with two children and has lived in the Redbridge area for 20 years.
He said his main priority is to address “harsh inequalities” he believes have accelerated under the current government.
Announcing his candidacy, he said: “It is outrageous that the government has been making the less well-off pay the price of a financial crisis for which they are not responsible.
“Their austerity programme has cut many much-needed benefits across the board as well as introducing the spiteful bedroom tax.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Reynolds said he wanted to give people in Ilford North an alternative to the traditional parties.
“The Green Party’s vision is different, grounded in sustainability, social justice, greater equality and fairness,” he said.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 5 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 6 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 7 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
“Voting Green will not be a wasted vote, but a vital stepping stone to a better future.”
RoseMary Warrington has lived in East London since 1975 when she came to study at the Queen Mary University of London.
She has been an active member of the Waltham Forest and Redbridge Green Party for several years, involved in social justice and environmental issues, as well as being the secretary and membership team member for the London Green Party.
Ms Warrington said one of her specific concenrs was over what goes into our food and where it comes from, having grown up on a farm in Staffordshire.
She added: “Politicians are not all the same, a vote for the Green Party is a vote for change.”