Grants offered for First World War centenary and cultural events
- Credit: Archant
Projects marking the centenary of the First World War or events forming part of Big Dance 2014 are in with a chance of council funding.
Redbridge Council is encouraging people to be creative as the third round of its 2013-2014 Arts Grant funding opens.
The money supports the development and promotion of art and cultural activities in the borough.
Events marking the centenary of the 1914-18 conflict or linking in with Big Dance are particularly encouraged by the local authority.
Big Dance is for all ages and takes place from July 5 to 16.
You may also want to watch:
The maximum grant is £3,000 and the council will fund up to 60 per cent of total costs.
Other income sources such as ticket/refreshment sales, sponsorship, funding and grants must be sought in addition.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 7 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 8 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
Advice surgeries for applicants are being held 5.30pm-7.30pm on February 10 and 10.30am-12.30pm on February 12 at Redbridge Central Library, in Clements Road, Ilford.
The grants are administered on behalf of the council by the culture team within Vision Redbridge.
The deadline for applications is March 3.
For more details about the grants and how to apply, visit www.redbridge.gov.uk.