Woman cut out of car and taken to hospital after Gants Hill crash
- Credit: Archant
A woman had to be cut out of a car and a man was injured after a two-vehicle crash in Gants Hill this morning.
Police were called to the junction of Otley Drive and Ashurst Drive at 7.06am on Monday (April 15) to reports of a collision.
Officers attended and called the London Ambulance Service (LAS) and the London Fire Brigade (LFB) to the incident.
Firefighters had to use their cutting tools to help a car user out of a vehicle.
“We were called to Otley Drive at 7.27am,” an LFB spokeswoman said.
You may also want to watch:
“One woman that was trapped was taken to hospital and a man also injured was taken to hospital.
“It was all over for us at 8.19.”
- 1 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 2 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 3 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 4 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 5 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 6 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 New entrance opened at Ilford Station to support Elizabeth line
- 9 Fire at block of maisonettes in Wanstead
- 10 Redbridge school's staff to strike over Covid working dispute
A police cordon remained in place at all four crossroads by the mini roundabout.
Motorists were advised to find other routes on to the A12 and Cranbrook Road.
A Met Police spokesman confirmed firefighters had to cut through a roof to help a trapped woman and added: “We await news of her condition”.