Woman cut out of car and taken to hospital after Gants Hill crash
- Credit: Archant
A woman had to be cut out of a car and a man was injured after a two-vehicle crash in Gants Hill this morning.
Police were called to the junction of Otley Drive and Ashurst Drive at 7.06am on Monday (April 15) to reports of a collision.
Officers attended and called the London Ambulance Service (LAS) and the London Fire Brigade (LFB) to the incident.
Firefighters had to use their cutting tools to help a car user out of a vehicle.
“We were called to Otley Drive at 7.27am,” an LFB spokeswoman said.
You may also want to watch:
“One woman that was trapped was taken to hospital and a man also injured was taken to hospital.
“It was all over for us at 8.19.”
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 3 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 8 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 9 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 10 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
A police cordon remained in place at all four crossroads by the mini roundabout.
Motorists were advised to find other routes on to the A12 and Cranbrook Road.
A Met Police spokesman confirmed firefighters had to cut through a roof to help a trapped woman and added: “We await news of her condition”.