Further roads added to Wanstead experimental parking zone following consultations
More roads have been added to an experimental parking zone in Wanstead after councillors agreed to introduce permit parking controls.
The zone, which has been frequently debated at area one committee meetings since its introduction in April, originally included Chaucer, Dangan and Spratt Hall Roads where residents were battling with commuters for parking spaces.
In October, members agreed to extend permit parking to Wanstead Place and Voluntary Place and at Monday’s meeting, following consultations with residents, they agreed to introduce the controls in Church Path, Fitzgerald Road and Greenstone Mews.
Michel Glendenning, of Wanstead High Street, who was joined by two neighbours, Con Murphy and Laura Auchterlonie, said the scheme was having a “big negative effect on our livelihood.”
All three are self-employed using their cars to travel for work and previously parked in Spratt Hall Road as they can’t park outside their homes.
You may also want to watch:
Councillors said they would look into options to help the three residents.
Speaking after the meeting, Ms Glendinning said: “It was very positive, we’re waiting to hear what could be done.”
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 6 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 7 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 8 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 9 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
They rejected introducing triple use bays in Spratt Hall Road after the majority of residents said no in a consultation and agreed to time limited parking in Addison Road to help parents taking children to St Joseph’s School in Cambridge Park.