Fullwell ward councillor Harold Moth joins breakaway councillors in newly formed Redbridge Independent Group
- Credit: Archant
A Conservative Party member has joined the newly formed Redbridge Independent Group, insisting it can find a “common position” on issues.
Cllr Harold Moth was expelled from the Redbridge Tory group in July following a row over plans for an Olympic car park in Barkingside.
He made “unacceptable allegations” against fellow group members according to council leader Cllr Keith Prince.
Cllr Moth, of Fullwell ward, who has served as councillor for 33 non-consecutive years, said: “It’s been difficult working on my own.
“Taking into account all our experience, we can work as a team for the benefit of the community.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Andy Walker, who resigned from Labour earlier this month, said he plans to hold a meeting with the Redbridge Independent Group next week to talk about the possibility of joining.
He said its support for the campaign to save services at King George Hospital, Barley Lane, Goodmayes, would be key in his decision.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 5 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 6 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 7 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine