Fullwell ward councillor Harold Moth joins breakaway councillors in newly formed Redbridge Independent Group
- Credit: Archant
A Conservative Party member has joined the newly formed Redbridge Independent Group, insisting it can find a “common position” on issues.
Cllr Harold Moth was expelled from the Redbridge Tory group in July following a row over plans for an Olympic car park in Barkingside.
He made “unacceptable allegations” against fellow group members according to council leader Cllr Keith Prince.
Cllr Moth, of Fullwell ward, who has served as councillor for 33 non-consecutive years, said: “It’s been difficult working on my own.
“Taking into account all our experience, we can work as a team for the benefit of the community.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Andy Walker, who resigned from Labour earlier this month, said he plans to hold a meeting with the Redbridge Independent Group next week to talk about the possibility of joining.
He said its support for the campaign to save services at King George Hospital, Barley Lane, Goodmayes, would be key in his decision.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 5 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 6 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 9 Counsellor offers group therapy for fellow parents grieving loss of child
- 10 Redbridge parents' group donates more laptops to schools