Fullwell ward councillor Harold Moth joins breakaway councillors in newly formed Redbridge Independent Group
- Credit: Archant
A Conservative Party member has joined the newly formed Redbridge Independent Group, insisting it can find a “common position” on issues.
Cllr Harold Moth was expelled from the Redbridge Tory group in July following a row over plans for an Olympic car park in Barkingside.
He made “unacceptable allegations” against fellow group members according to council leader Cllr Keith Prince.
Cllr Moth, of Fullwell ward, who has served as councillor for 33 non-consecutive years, said: “It’s been difficult working on my own.
“Taking into account all our experience, we can work as a team for the benefit of the community.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Andy Walker, who resigned from Labour earlier this month, said he plans to hold a meeting with the Redbridge Independent Group next week to talk about the possibility of joining.
He said its support for the campaign to save services at King George Hospital, Barley Lane, Goodmayes, would be key in his decision.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Chadwell Heath academy
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 4 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 5 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 6 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 9 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- 10 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations