Fullwell ward councillor Harold Moth joins breakaway councillors in newly formed Redbridge Independent Group
- Credit: Archant
A Conservative Party member has joined the newly formed Redbridge Independent Group, insisting it can find a “common position” on issues.
Cllr Harold Moth was expelled from the Redbridge Tory group in July following a row over plans for an Olympic car park in Barkingside.
He made “unacceptable allegations” against fellow group members according to council leader Cllr Keith Prince.
Cllr Moth, of Fullwell ward, who has served as councillor for 33 non-consecutive years, said: “It’s been difficult working on my own.
“Taking into account all our experience, we can work as a team for the benefit of the community.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Andy Walker, who resigned from Labour earlier this month, said he plans to hold a meeting with the Redbridge Independent Group next week to talk about the possibility of joining.
He said its support for the campaign to save services at King George Hospital, Barley Lane, Goodmayes, would be key in his decision.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 5 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 6 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 7 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 8 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 9 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 10 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'