Free all day parking on Saturdays? Gants Hill consultation underway
A long-running debate over whether to scrap restrictions on parking in roads across Gants Hill has moved a step closer to being resolved.
Councillors at Monday’s area committee four meeting were asked whether to consult on plans to exclude Saturday from the controlled parking zone in the area.
Council leader Cllr Keith Prince said he wanted to also consult on having a one-hour waiting restriction on Saturdays instead.
He said it would “hopefully please both parties [residents and business owners]”.
But at the meeting in Sinclair House, Woodford Bridge Road, Redbridge, his party colleague Cllr Ruth Clark disagreed, adding: “We need to encourage daytime footfall [to the area].”
You may also want to watch:
Councillors ultimately agreed to consult with residents on both scrapping waiting restrictions in Gants Hill on Saturdays, and introducing a one-hour waiting restriction.
Area committee seven, which next meets on Tuesday, will also be asked to approve the consultation.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 3 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 4 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 5 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 6 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 7 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 10 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff