Free all day parking on Saturdays? Gants Hill consultation underway
A long-running debate over whether to scrap restrictions on parking in roads across Gants Hill has moved a step closer to being resolved.
Councillors at Monday’s area committee four meeting were asked whether to consult on plans to exclude Saturday from the controlled parking zone in the area.
Council leader Cllr Keith Prince said he wanted to also consult on having a one-hour waiting restriction on Saturdays instead.
He said it would “hopefully please both parties [residents and business owners]”.
But at the meeting in Sinclair House, Woodford Bridge Road, Redbridge, his party colleague Cllr Ruth Clark disagreed, adding: “We need to encourage daytime footfall [to the area].”
You may also want to watch:
Councillors ultimately agreed to consult with residents on both scrapping waiting restrictions in Gants Hill on Saturdays, and introducing a one-hour waiting restriction.
Area committee seven, which next meets on Tuesday, will also be asked to approve the consultation.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 6 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 7 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding