Free all day parking on Saturdays? Gants Hill consultation underway
A long-running debate over whether to scrap restrictions on parking in roads across Gants Hill has moved a step closer to being resolved.
Councillors at Monday’s area committee four meeting were asked whether to consult on plans to exclude Saturday from the controlled parking zone in the area.
Council leader Cllr Keith Prince said he wanted to also consult on having a one-hour waiting restriction on Saturdays instead.
He said it would “hopefully please both parties [residents and business owners]”.
But at the meeting in Sinclair House, Woodford Bridge Road, Redbridge, his party colleague Cllr Ruth Clark disagreed, adding: “We need to encourage daytime footfall [to the area].”
You may also want to watch:
Councillors ultimately agreed to consult with residents on both scrapping waiting restrictions in Gants Hill on Saturdays, and introducing a one-hour waiting restriction.
Area committee seven, which next meets on Tuesday, will also be asked to approve the consultation.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 5 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 8 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 10 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test