Free all day parking on Saturdays? Gants Hill consultation underway
A long-running debate over whether to scrap restrictions on parking in roads across Gants Hill has moved a step closer to being resolved.
Councillors at Monday’s area committee four meeting were asked whether to consult on plans to exclude Saturday from the controlled parking zone in the area.
Council leader Cllr Keith Prince said he wanted to also consult on having a one-hour waiting restriction on Saturdays instead.
He said it would “hopefully please both parties [residents and business owners]”.
But at the meeting in Sinclair House, Woodford Bridge Road, Redbridge, his party colleague Cllr Ruth Clark disagreed, adding: “We need to encourage daytime footfall [to the area].”
You may also want to watch:
Councillors ultimately agreed to consult with residents on both scrapping waiting restrictions in Gants Hill on Saturdays, and introducing a one-hour waiting restriction.
Area committee seven, which next meets on Tuesday, will also be asked to approve the consultation.
- 1 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 3 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 4 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 5 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 7 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 8 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 9 Mosque director: Ilford egg attack highlights Islamophobia Muslims face
- 10 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green