Footway parking rules will become clear in ‘not too distant future’, says Redbridge Council leader
A borough-wide review into where footway parking should be allowed will finally make it clear where you can and cannot leave your vehicle, the council leader has said.
Cllr Keith Prince said he had “pressed” colleagues and councillors that they should fund a review into footway parking.
He said: “My hope in the not too distant future is that you will know where in the borough you can park on the pavement.”
He said signs would be erected in areas where it was decided footway parking should not be allowed.
Cllr Prince also apologised for the time it has taken to set up the review, which will be completed in seven phases.
You may also want to watch:
Area committee four is due to receive the review into footway parking on its roads in January.
- 1 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 3 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 4 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 5 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 7 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 8 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 9 Mosque director: Ilford egg attack highlights Islamophobia Muslims face
- 10 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green