Fellow passenger ‘relieved’ to hear that hitchhiker is recovering after heart attack
- Credit: Archant
A fellow hitchhiker has spoken of her relief after hearing that Catherine Forman, who suffered a heart attack during the tube strikes, is safe and well.
Sally Russell was in the olive green Nissan Micra too after deciding to thumb a lift with Catherine.
Speaking about the kindness of the mystery driver, she said: “All the other cars were going past, they wouldn’t even look at us, but he stopped.”
Sally sat in the back of the car with the young child called Harry, leading to a joke about “When Harry met Sally”.
She tried to keep Catherine calm when she began feeling unwell.
You may also want to watch:
Sally said she had wanted to find out what happened to Catherine and was relieved to discover she was okay.
In the heat of the moment Sally did not get the name of the driver and his identity remains a mystery.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 4 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 5 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 6 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 7 Cycling access extended at Wanstead Park
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 Oxford student bids to improve top university access for state school pupils
- 10 Former Woodford Police Station could become office space
“He was brilliant. He was so calm the whole time. He kept checking on her and checking on the boy,” she recalled.
“He drove me right to the station but I never got his name.”
Are you the mystery driver or do you know him? Call 02084773858 or email email@example.com