Fancy some fireworks? Find out the nearest display in our rundown of Redbridge Bonfire Night events
The skies will be lighting up over Redbridge over the next week with firework displays for Bonfire Night.
The annual Wanstead Flats display is matching stunning explosions with an Olympics-inspired soundtrack including hits by Elbow and David Guetta.
There will also be a laser show which will be visible for miles around at the event on Sunday.
Gates open at 5.45pm and the display starts at 6.45pm. Entry is free.
On Sunday, children’s charity Barnados are putting on their annual display at Barkingside Recreation Ground.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 5pm for the displays at 7pm and 8pm at the park in Mossford Green.
Adult tickets cost �4, children cost �2.
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 4 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 7 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 8 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
- 9 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 10 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
On Monday, Guy Fawkes’ Night itself, Holy Trinity Church in South Woodford is putting on a display.
Fireworks will start at 8pm at the church in Hermon Hill.
Last year the event waws attended by more than 400 people.
Doors open at 6.30pm. Adults cost �6, children �3.
Forest School, in Snaresbrook, is holding its event next weekend on Saturday 10.
There will be children’s fairground rides, hot food, mulled wine, charity stalls and entertainment as well as fireworks synchronised to music.
Tickets cost �12 for adults and �6 for children from www.fspa-tickets.org.uk.
Gates open at 4:00pm and the fireworks will start at 7:30pm.
Barley Lane Primary School, in Chadwell Heath, is also throwing its fireworks spectacular on Saturday 10.
Gates will open at 6pm for the show at 7.30pm. Entrance from Eccleston Crescent.
Adults �3, children �2.
If you’ve heard of a display we haven’t listed, let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.