Fancy some fireworks? Find out the nearest display in our rundown of Redbridge Bonfire Night events
The skies will be lighting up over Redbridge over the next week with firework displays for Bonfire Night.
The annual Wanstead Flats display is matching stunning explosions with an Olympics-inspired soundtrack including hits by Elbow and David Guetta.
There will also be a laser show which will be visible for miles around at the event on Sunday.
Gates open at 5.45pm and the display starts at 6.45pm. Entry is free.
On Sunday, children’s charity Barnados are putting on their annual display at Barkingside Recreation Ground.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 5pm for the displays at 7pm and 8pm at the park in Mossford Green.
Adult tickets cost �4, children cost �2.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 5 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 6 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 7 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 8 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 9 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
On Monday, Guy Fawkes’ Night itself, Holy Trinity Church in South Woodford is putting on a display.
Fireworks will start at 8pm at the church in Hermon Hill.
Last year the event waws attended by more than 400 people.
Doors open at 6.30pm. Adults cost �6, children �3.
Forest School, in Snaresbrook, is holding its event next weekend on Saturday 10.
There will be children’s fairground rides, hot food, mulled wine, charity stalls and entertainment as well as fireworks synchronised to music.
Tickets cost �12 for adults and �6 for children from www.fspa-tickets.org.uk.
Gates open at 4:00pm and the fireworks will start at 7:30pm.
Barley Lane Primary School, in Chadwell Heath, is also throwing its fireworks spectacular on Saturday 10.
Gates will open at 6pm for the show at 7.30pm. Entrance from Eccleston Crescent.
Adults �3, children �2.
If you’ve heard of a display we haven’t listed, let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.