EXCLUSIVE: Kelvin Chibueze’s mother speaks of relief after his killer is caught on the run by police
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
The mother of Kelvin Chibueze expressed her relief today after her son’s murderer Lerone Boye was finally caught after 98 days on the run.
Boye, 27, who was sentenced to 28 years in prison for the 17-year-old’s murder, was found in a house in Elderberry Close, Chigwell, at 3.55pm on Tuesday.
Speaking exclusively to the Recorder, Tina Chibueze said: “Thank goodness for that. I cannot believe he has been found - I am so happy.
“Every night I was so scared. I kept thinking he was coming.”
Tina said she feared for her five-year-old daughter.
You may also want to watch:
On hearing the news from the Recorder, the mother expressed her dismay she had not been called by police about the news.
She said she has not spoken to the police since a Crimewatch appeal was aired on November 28.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 5 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 6 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
Boye escaped from mental health unit John Howard Centre in Homerton, east London where he was being held on October 16.
“Police have not even called me, they should have done,” she added.
“I kept thinking that he might have escaped to Ghana.
“This news will never bring my son back.”