EXCLUSIVE: Kelvin Chibueze’s mother speaks of relief after his killer is caught on the run by police
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
The mother of Kelvin Chibueze expressed her relief today after her son’s murderer Lerone Boye was finally caught after 98 days on the run.
Boye, 27, who was sentenced to 28 years in prison for the 17-year-old’s murder, was found in a house in Elderberry Close, Chigwell, at 3.55pm on Tuesday.
Speaking exclusively to the Recorder, Tina Chibueze said: “Thank goodness for that. I cannot believe he has been found - I am so happy.
“Every night I was so scared. I kept thinking he was coming.”
Tina said she feared for her five-year-old daughter.
You may also want to watch:
On hearing the news from the Recorder, the mother expressed her dismay she had not been called by police about the news.
She said she has not spoken to the police since a Crimewatch appeal was aired on November 28.
- 1 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 3 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 4 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 5 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 7 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 8 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 9 Mosque director: Ilford egg attack highlights Islamophobia Muslims face
- 10 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
Boye escaped from mental health unit John Howard Centre in Homerton, east London where he was being held on October 16.
“Police have not even called me, they should have done,” she added.
“I kept thinking that he might have escaped to Ghana.
“This news will never bring my son back.”