EXCLUSIVE: Kelvin Chibueze’s mother speaks of relief after his killer is caught on the run by police
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
The mother of Kelvin Chibueze expressed her relief today after her son’s murderer Lerone Boye was finally caught after 98 days on the run.
Boye, 27, who was sentenced to 28 years in prison for the 17-year-old’s murder, was found in a house in Elderberry Close, Chigwell, at 3.55pm on Tuesday.
Speaking exclusively to the Recorder, Tina Chibueze said: “Thank goodness for that. I cannot believe he has been found - I am so happy.
“Every night I was so scared. I kept thinking he was coming.”
Tina said she feared for her five-year-old daughter.
You may also want to watch:
On hearing the news from the Recorder, the mother expressed her dismay she had not been called by police about the news.
She said she has not spoken to the police since a Crimewatch appeal was aired on November 28.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 5 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 6 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 7 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
Boye escaped from mental health unit John Howard Centre in Homerton, east London where he was being held on October 16.
“Police have not even called me, they should have done,” she added.
“I kept thinking that he might have escaped to Ghana.
“This news will never bring my son back.”