EXCLUSIVE: Kelvin Chibueze’s mother speaks of relief after his killer is caught on the run by police
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
The mother of Kelvin Chibueze expressed her relief today after her son’s murderer Lerone Boye was finally caught after 98 days on the run.
Boye, 27, who was sentenced to 28 years in prison for the 17-year-old’s murder, was found in a house in Elderberry Close, Chigwell, at 3.55pm on Tuesday.
Speaking exclusively to the Recorder, Tina Chibueze said: “Thank goodness for that. I cannot believe he has been found - I am so happy.
“Every night I was so scared. I kept thinking he was coming.”
Tina said she feared for her five-year-old daughter.
On hearing the news from the Recorder, the mother expressed her dismay she had not been called by police about the news.
She said she has not spoken to the police since a Crimewatch appeal was aired on November 28.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Awards nomination for 'rights champion' schoolgirl, 9
- 3 Ilford social club elects new president for 2022
- 4 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 5 Have your say on the proposed east London constituency boundary changes
- 6 Funding problems throw timeline of new Whipps Cross hospital into doubt
- 7 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 8 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 9 Call to overhaul 'grossly unfair' business rates
- 10 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
Boye escaped from mental health unit John Howard Centre in Homerton, east London where he was being held on October 16.
“Police have not even called me, they should have done,” she added.
“I kept thinking that he might have escaped to Ghana.
“This news will never bring my son back.”