Electrical fire in Seven Kings cockney cafe
The fire brigade was called in the early hours of this morning after smoke was spotted coming out of an old coal chute.
The smoke was spotted at about midnight coming from The Cockney Grub House in High Road, Seven Kings.
Two fire engines arrived on the scene at 12.10am and left at 2.20am to deal with the small electrical fire.
Mark Mills, watch manager, said: “The owner was phoned so he turned up very quickly and we dealt with it before any major damage occurred.”
The restaurant is open for business.
Mr Mills also said in the run up to Christmas people should check their smoke alarms. Free fire alarms and checks can be arranged on www.london-fire.gov.uk.
- 1 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 2 South Woodford care home loses Good CQC rating
- 3 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 4 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Rat-running lorry drivers in Redbridge face fines of up to £130
- 7 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 8 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Writer wins national prize for poetry about teaching and learning
- 10 Goodmayes 'loner' found dead in 'dilapidated' flat leaves £400k fortune