East London News Review podcast with Time 107.5 FM: General election in Redbridge, and Ilford’s bridge with WW2 bullet holes
- Credit: Archant
In this week’s East London News Review Recorder reporters discuss the upcoming general election and the Ilford bridge with bullet holes from the Second World War.
Ralph Blackburn and Niall Joyce talked to Time 107.5 FM’s Steve Dean about whether Dagenham and Rainham’s Labour MP Jon Cruddas might be unseated by Leave supporters.
They also talked about the marginal seat of Ilford North, and whether MP Wes Streeting can hold off the Tory charge.
Finally the trio discussed the bridge across the railway lines in Ilford, which still has bullet holes from the Second World War.
The bridge may be torn down due to Crossrail.
You may also want to watch:
You can listen to the East London News Review live every Friday from 2.15 on Time 107.5 FM.
You can also download all of our old episodes here, and subscribe via iTunes and Audioboom.
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 4 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 7 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 8 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 9 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 10 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines