East London News Review podcast with Time 107.5 FM: General election in Redbridge, and Ilford’s bridge with WW2 bullet holes
- Credit: Archant
In this week’s East London News Review Recorder reporters discuss the upcoming general election and the Ilford bridge with bullet holes from the Second World War.
Ralph Blackburn and Niall Joyce talked to Time 107.5 FM’s Steve Dean about whether Dagenham and Rainham’s Labour MP Jon Cruddas might be unseated by Leave supporters.
They also talked about the marginal seat of Ilford North, and whether MP Wes Streeting can hold off the Tory charge.
Finally the trio discussed the bridge across the railway lines in Ilford, which still has bullet holes from the Second World War.
The bridge may be torn down due to Crossrail.
You may also want to watch:
You can listen to the East London News Review live every Friday from 2.15 on Time 107.5 FM.
You can also download all of our old episodes here, and subscribe via iTunes and Audioboom.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 8 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones