Early start for Redbridge bin collections to bypass traffic during Olympic Games
Residents are being advised that due to the expected heavy traffic during the London 2012 Olympic Games, refuse and recycling collections will start earlier.
Letters are going out across the borough informing residents that from Monday refuse and recycling will be collected on the normal collection day but needs to be put out for collection by 6am.
The alterations are being made to ensure collections can be completed on residents’ regular collection day.
The council will return to its normal patterns and times from September 10.
Commercial waste collections will remain the same.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.redbridge.gov.uk/recyclerefuse.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 7 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 8 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 9 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 10 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault