Early start for Redbridge bin collections to bypass traffic during Olympic Games
Residents are being advised that due to the expected heavy traffic during the London 2012 Olympic Games, refuse and recycling collections will start earlier.
Letters are going out across the borough informing residents that from Monday refuse and recycling will be collected on the normal collection day but needs to be put out for collection by 6am.
The alterations are being made to ensure collections can be completed on residents’ regular collection day.
The council will return to its normal patterns and times from September 10.
Commercial waste collections will remain the same.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.redbridge.gov.uk/recyclerefuse.
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital after Gants Hill house fire
- 2 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 3 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 4 Care home resident died after choking on sandwich, inquest hears
- 5 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 6 Community group's delight after Loxford Park pavilion saved
- 7 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 9 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote