Early start for Redbridge bin collections to bypass traffic during Olympic Games
Residents are being advised that due to the expected heavy traffic during the London 2012 Olympic Games, refuse and recycling collections will start earlier.
Letters are going out across the borough informing residents that from Monday refuse and recycling will be collected on the normal collection day but needs to be put out for collection by 6am.
The alterations are being made to ensure collections can be completed on residents’ regular collection day.
The council will return to its normal patterns and times from September 10.
Commercial waste collections will remain the same.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.redbridge.gov.uk/recyclerefuse.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 5 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 8 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 9 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan
- 10 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole