Early start for Redbridge bin collections to bypass traffic during Olympic Games
Residents are being advised that due to the expected heavy traffic during the London 2012 Olympic Games, refuse and recycling collections will start earlier.
Letters are going out across the borough informing residents that from Monday refuse and recycling will be collected on the normal collection day but needs to be put out for collection by 6am.
The alterations are being made to ensure collections can be completed on residents’ regular collection day.
The council will return to its normal patterns and times from September 10.
Commercial waste collections will remain the same.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.redbridge.gov.uk/recyclerefuse.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 8 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 9 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients