Disabled parking bays added to Wanstead High Street
The number of disabled parking bays on Wanstead High Street will increase from two to four, it was confirmed on Monday.
Councillor Sue Nolan (Conservative, Snaresbrook) confirmed at the area one committee meeting Redbridge Council had looked into the parking proposal and decided to add two extra bays to the street.
Cllr Nolan (Con, Snaresbrook) said: “I am really pleased to tell you that it has all been done.
“We are going to put two extra bays in the high street.”
Cllr Nolan added the bays would most likely go near to Tesco Express or “somewhere like that”.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “We will make sure that they are advertised.”
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 4 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 7 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 8 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
- 9 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 10 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods