Disabled parking bays added to Wanstead High Street
The number of disabled parking bays on Wanstead High Street will increase from two to four, it was confirmed on Monday.
Councillor Sue Nolan (Conservative, Snaresbrook) confirmed at the area one committee meeting Redbridge Council had looked into the parking proposal and decided to add two extra bays to the street.
Cllr Nolan (Con, Snaresbrook) said: “I am really pleased to tell you that it has all been done.
“We are going to put two extra bays in the high street.”
Cllr Nolan added the bays would most likely go near to Tesco Express or “somewhere like that”.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “We will make sure that they are advertised.”
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 7 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines