Departing Mayor of Redbridge: It has been a privilege and honour to serve the people
- Credit: Archant
The departing Mayor of Redbridge has called it “a privilege and honour” to serve the people of Redbridge as a councillor and mayor for the past 16 years.
Felicity Banks, who is retiring from politics, raised nearly £75,000 for charity Hopes and Dreams during her year of mayorship.
In a statement, she said: “It has been a privilege and honour to serve the people of Redbridge for the past 16 years and as mayor for 2013/14.
“It has been truly inspiring, meeting the many volunteers who give their time and do so much for the people of Redbridge.
Cllr Banks pointed to Redbridge Schools Choral Festival at The Royal Albert Hall as “the highlight of my year”.
You may also want to watch:
“As chair of the advisory panel and as mayor it was an honour to listen to the music, having a favourite piece of music played specially for me,” she added.
“As I retire from politics I have so many happy memories to look back on. Thank you to everyone in Redbridge for the honour.”
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 8 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
Read more here -