Decision on Ilford Sainsbury’s 700-flat plan tonight
- Credit: Archant
Councillors are set to decide on the future of a 700-home development above an Ilford supermarket.
The regulatory committee will consider proposals to build the flats above Sainsbury’s in Roden Street, tonight.
A new and improved store will be renovated below.
A group of local residents have been protesting against the plans, and previously submitted a petition against the development.
Also on the agenda at the committee meeting is the South Woodford mosque application.
You may also want to watch:
The Islamic centre, in Mulberry Way, has lodged new plans to extend the building upwards.
See the website tomorrow for a full report.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Chadwell Heath academy
- 2 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 3 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 4 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 5 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 6 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 9 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays