Decision on Ilford Sainsbury’s 700-flat plan tonight
- Credit: Archant
Councillors are set to decide on the future of a 700-home development above an Ilford supermarket.
The regulatory committee will consider proposals to build the flats above Sainsbury’s in Roden Street, tonight.
A new and improved store will be renovated below.
A group of local residents have been protesting against the plans, and previously submitted a petition against the development.
Also on the agenda at the committee meeting is the South Woodford mosque application.
You may also want to watch:
The Islamic centre, in Mulberry Way, has lodged new plans to extend the building upwards.
See the website tomorrow for a full report.
- 1 Redbridge school's staff to strike over Covid working dispute
- 2 New entrance opened at Ilford Station to support Elizabeth line
- 3 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 4 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 5 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 6 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 7 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 8 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 9 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 10 Fire at block of maisonettes in Wanstead