Decision on Ilford Sainsbury’s 700-flat plan tonight
- Credit: Archant
Councillors are set to decide on the future of a 700-home development above an Ilford supermarket.
The regulatory committee will consider proposals to build the flats above Sainsbury’s in Roden Street, tonight.
A new and improved store will be renovated below.
A group of local residents have been protesting against the plans, and previously submitted a petition against the development.
Also on the agenda at the committee meeting is the South Woodford mosque application.
The Islamic centre, in Mulberry Way, has lodged new plans to extend the building upwards.
See the website tomorrow for a full report.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Police no longer looking for man wanted in connection with assault
- 4 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 5 'There was no life without resistance': World War Two veteran dies aged 94
- 6 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 7 Bus timetable change to 'better align' with hospital shifts
- 8 Dog units 'really good tool' to help police tackle violent crime, officers say
- 9 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games
- 10 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court