Death of woman found in River Roding, Ilford, ‘not suspicious’
The death of a woman whose body was found in the River Roding yesterday is not being treated as suspicious by police.
Officers were called when it was discovered by a member of the public at around 9am near Ilford golf course.
The body was recovered by the marine police unit.
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said: “There has not been a formal identification but we believe we know who the woman is and her family have been informed.
“It is not being treated as suspicious but enquiries are still underway into the circumstances of her death.”
You may also want to watch:
Results of a post-mortem are expected later today and an inquest to establish how she died will open in due course.
Do you know the deceased woman? Call 0208 477 3821 or email email@example.com to leave tributes.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 8 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 9 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence