Death of woman found in River Roding, Ilford, ‘not suspicious’
The death of a woman whose body was found in the River Roding yesterday is not being treated as suspicious by police.
Officers were called when it was discovered by a member of the public at around 9am near Ilford golf course.
The body was recovered by the marine police unit.
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said: “There has not been a formal identification but we believe we know who the woman is and her family have been informed.
“It is not being treated as suspicious but enquiries are still underway into the circumstances of her death.”
You may also want to watch:
Results of a post-mortem are expected later today and an inquest to establish how she died will open in due course.
Do you know the deceased woman? Call 0208 477 3821 or email email@example.com to leave tributes.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 3 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 7 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 8 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 9 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 10 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash