Death of woman found in River Roding, Ilford, ‘not suspicious’
The death of a woman whose body was found in the River Roding yesterday is not being treated as suspicious by police.
Officers were called when it was discovered by a member of the public at around 9am near Ilford golf course.
The body was recovered by the marine police unit.
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said: “There has not been a formal identification but we believe we know who the woman is and her family have been informed.
“It is not being treated as suspicious but enquiries are still underway into the circumstances of her death.”
You may also want to watch:
Results of a post-mortem are expected later today and an inquest to establish how she died will open in due course.
Do you know the deceased woman? Call 0208 477 3821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to leave tributes.
- 1 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 3 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 4 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 5 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 6 Animals bite rubbish after wheelie bin delivery delay
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Crunch meeting fails to provide breakthrough in school sick pay dispute
- 9 Teen stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Six males detained after alleged brawl in Gants Hill