Death of woman found in River Roding, Ilford, ‘not suspicious’
The death of a woman whose body was found in the River Roding yesterday is not being treated as suspicious by police.
Officers were called when it was discovered by a member of the public at around 9am near Ilford golf course.
The body was recovered by the marine police unit.
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said: “There has not been a formal identification but we believe we know who the woman is and her family have been informed.
“It is not being treated as suspicious but enquiries are still underway into the circumstances of her death.”
Results of a post-mortem are expected later today and an inquest to establish how she died will open in due course.
Do you know the deceased woman? Call 0208 477 3821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to leave tributes.
- 1 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 2 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 3 Man with Woodford Green links wanted in connection with assault
- 4 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 5 Young Citizen: Teen nominated after revealing Covid fight to inspire jabs
- 6 Bus timetable change to 'better align' with hospital shifts
- 7 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games
- 8 Burial and cremation fees rise at City of London Cemetery and Crematorium
- 9 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 10 Votes set to be cast for borough's next youth parliament members