Court fines woman hundreds for dumping mattress in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
A woman was handed a £765 bill after she was caught dumping a mattress in her own street.
Samira Anwar, from Wanstead Park Road, Ilford, was handed the fine at Barkingside Magistrates court on Friday, last week.
The court heard how a neighbour spotted Ms Anwar and a man carrying a double mattress from her driveway at around 10.30pm on September, 30 and dump the mattress on the pavement along with two black sacks of pillows.
Following Anwar’s guilty plea magistrate, Mr Michael Peacock, passed sentence and said: “Fly-tipping is a big problem in this borough.
“It’s an eyesore and leads to people feeling unsafe and to dirty streets.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Anwar was sentenced to a fine of £300, costs of £435 and victims’ surcharge of £30, a total penalty of £765.
Leader of the council, Cllr Jas Athwal, said: “Residents are sick of people dumping their rubbish and so are we. I’m delighted that the Enforcement Team continue to bring these people to justice.”
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 3 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 4 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 5 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 6 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 7 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 8 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 9 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence