Court fines woman hundreds for dumping mattress in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
A woman was handed a £765 bill after she was caught dumping a mattress in her own street.
Samira Anwar, from Wanstead Park Road, Ilford, was handed the fine at Barkingside Magistrates court on Friday, last week.
The court heard how a neighbour spotted Ms Anwar and a man carrying a double mattress from her driveway at around 10.30pm on September, 30 and dump the mattress on the pavement along with two black sacks of pillows.
Following Anwar’s guilty plea magistrate, Mr Michael Peacock, passed sentence and said: “Fly-tipping is a big problem in this borough.
“It’s an eyesore and leads to people feeling unsafe and to dirty streets.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Anwar was sentenced to a fine of £300, costs of £435 and victims’ surcharge of £30, a total penalty of £765.
Leader of the council, Cllr Jas Athwal, said: “Residents are sick of people dumping their rubbish and so are we. I’m delighted that the Enforcement Team continue to bring these people to justice.”
- 1 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 3 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 4 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 5 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 6 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 8 Mosque director: Ilford egg attack highlights Islamophobia Muslims face
- 9 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 10 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green