Council seeks eviction of caravans in South Woodford field
Redbridge Council is applying for an eviction notice to serve on the owners of four caravans who have moved on to a South Woodford field.
It is believed the caravans moved on to the site in Chigwell Road after bollards at its entrance were removed on Friday.
A council spokesman said: “We are aware of an encampment of four caravans on a site in Chigwell Road, which is owned by the council and managed by Vision Redbridge.
“The council is currently in the process of applying to the courts for an eviction notice, which will be served in due course.
“The Redbridge community police team is working with Vision to secure the site and ensure that no further travellers gain access.”
An emergency planning team from the council visited the site and police safer neighbourhood teams delivered leaflets to homes to inform them that the police are monitoring the situation.
- 1 Pair charged with creating fake Covid vaccination records
- 2 Newbury Park grass fire sees homes evacuated
- 3 London among areas where drought is declared
- 4 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 5 Convicted killer 'attacked sister-in-law after repeated threats', court hears
- 6 Ilford fast food restaurant permitted to open later
- 7 Five tower blocks included in housing plans for Sainsbury's in Ilford
- 8 Fairlop man locked up for rabbi assault
- 9 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 10 Jailed: Ilford fraudster involved in £13m Ponzi scheme through property fraud
The spokesman added: “There is no evidence to suggest that the bollards have been removed unlawfully.”