Council seeks eviction of caravans in South Woodford field
Redbridge Council is applying for an eviction notice to serve on the owners of four caravans who have moved on to a South Woodford field.
It is believed the caravans moved on to the site in Chigwell Road after bollards at its entrance were removed on Friday.
A council spokesman said: “We are aware of an encampment of four caravans on a site in Chigwell Road, which is owned by the council and managed by Vision Redbridge.
“The council is currently in the process of applying to the courts for an eviction notice, which will be served in due course.
You may also want to watch:
“The Redbridge community police team is working with Vision to secure the site and ensure that no further travellers gain access.”
An emergency planning team from the council visited the site and police safer neighbourhood teams delivered leaflets to homes to inform them that the police are monitoring the situation.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 7 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 10 Women use experiences to offer safety insights about Redbridge
The spokesman added: “There is no evidence to suggest that the bollards have been removed unlawfully.”