Council seeks eviction of caravans in South Woodford field
Redbridge Council is applying for an eviction notice to serve on the owners of four caravans who have moved on to a South Woodford field.
It is believed the caravans moved on to the site in Chigwell Road after bollards at its entrance were removed on Friday.
A council spokesman said: “We are aware of an encampment of four caravans on a site in Chigwell Road, which is owned by the council and managed by Vision Redbridge.
“The council is currently in the process of applying to the courts for an eviction notice, which will be served in due course.
You may also want to watch:
“The Redbridge community police team is working with Vision to secure the site and ensure that no further travellers gain access.”
An emergency planning team from the council visited the site and police safer neighbourhood teams delivered leaflets to homes to inform them that the police are monitoring the situation.
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 6 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 7 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 8 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands
- 9 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 10 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
The spokesman added: “There is no evidence to suggest that the bollards have been removed unlawfully.”