Council seeks eviction of caravans in South Woodford field
Redbridge Council is applying for an eviction notice to serve on the owners of four caravans who have moved on to a South Woodford field.
It is believed the caravans moved on to the site in Chigwell Road after bollards at its entrance were removed on Friday.
A council spokesman said: “We are aware of an encampment of four caravans on a site in Chigwell Road, which is owned by the council and managed by Vision Redbridge.
“The council is currently in the process of applying to the courts for an eviction notice, which will be served in due course.
You may also want to watch:
“The Redbridge community police team is working with Vision to secure the site and ensure that no further travellers gain access.”
An emergency planning team from the council visited the site and police safer neighbourhood teams delivered leaflets to homes to inform them that the police are monitoring the situation.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 4 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 7 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 8 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
The spokesman added: “There is no evidence to suggest that the bollards have been removed unlawfully.”