Why does Redbridge Council need a Chocolate Monitoring Committee?
- Credit: PA
Does Redbridge Council represent the lollipop guild?
That is the question on everybody's lips following the mysterious appearance of a new Chocolate Monitoring Committee on the council's website, which has sent Ripples around the borough.
A spokesperson for Redbridge Council confirmed Wispas that it is not a real committee but was created as part of test work on its website.
But that hasn't stopped Redbridge Conservatives jumping on this hot Topic, hoping it will give them a Boost in the polls.
Councillor Paul Canal reckons this latest Fudge could be just the Golden Ticket for his party.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "I have always suspected this administration was as useful as a chocolate teapot but I didn't expect they would agree so publicly."
Meanwhile, Councillor Ruth Clark said she is intrigued what this new committee will be doing and added the Crunch question is how much it will cost taxpayers.
- 1 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 2 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 3 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 4 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 5 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 6 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 7 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 8 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 9 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
It is not yet known who will be on the Chocolate Monitoring Committee but there is at least one reporter at the Ilford Recorder who will be taking Time Out to attend its next meeting.