Why does Redbridge Council need a Chocolate Monitoring Committee?
- Credit: PA
Does Redbridge Council represent the lollipop guild?
That is the question on everybody's lips following the mysterious appearance of a new Chocolate Monitoring Committee on the council's website, which has sent Ripples around the borough.
A spokesperson for Redbridge Council confirmed Wispas that it is not a real committee but was created as part of test work on its website.
But that hasn't stopped Redbridge Conservatives jumping on this hot Topic, hoping it will give them a Boost in the polls.
Councillor Paul Canal reckons this latest Fudge could be just the Golden Ticket for his party.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "I have always suspected this administration was as useful as a chocolate teapot but I didn't expect they would agree so publicly."
Meanwhile, Councillor Ruth Clark said she is intrigued what this new committee will be doing and added the Crunch question is how much it will cost taxpayers.
- 1 No 10 at odds with Redbridge Council over masks for primary children
- 2 Ilford church turns into vaccine pop-up clinic
- 3 Former Islington head announced as new interim chief exec for Redbridge Council
- 4 Council offers update on regeneration projects at Ilford BID webinar
- 5 How many Covid vaccinations have been given where you live?
- 6 Redbridge students rewarded by police for mental health artwork
- 7 Council's housing budget and rent rise agreed
- 8 Appeal to trace man following brutal Ilford gang rape
- 9 South African Covid variant found in Ilford, 'surge testing' to begin
- 10 Sadiq has proposed Boundary Charge for cars coming from outside London
It is not yet known who will be on the Chocolate Monitoring Committee but there is at least one reporter at the Ilford Recorder who will be taking Time Out to attend its next meeting.