Concerned about crime? Volunteers needed for Redbridge police panel meetings
- Credit: Archant
Concerned about crime in your ward? Volunteers are being called for to take part in the ward police panel meetings which give residents a chance to voice concerns and say what they think the priorities for police teams should be.
Sgt Lee Wilkinson from the Loxford Safer Neighbourhood Team, said at the area committee six meeting, that he wanted to have more residents involved in the panels.
The meetings are held every three months and are open to anyone who would like to get involved.
A drive to set up more Neighbourhood Watch groups in area six is also being made by police.
The watch groups aim to reduce crime and increase community links.
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to get involved call the Safer Neighbourhood Team on 020 8721 2026.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 3 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 4 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 5 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 6 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 7 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 10 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff