Commuting chaos hits Ilford Greater Anglia line
Commuters are facing delays this morning after engineering works overran on the Shenfield to Liverpool Street line.
The train operator says delays are up to 15 minutes affecting those trying to get into London.
There will be no service at all today between Gidea Park and London to try and ease congestion.
Rail tickets are being accepted on the 86 and 25 buses which stop at stations between Romford and Stratford.
Greater Anglia said the fault would be “fully repaired overnight tonight.”
You may also want to watch:
Are you stuck in commuting chaos? Tweet us @ilfordrecorder, emails email@example.com or call 020 8477 3826.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 4 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 5 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 6 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 9 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- 10 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims