Commuting chaos hits Ilford Greater Anglia line
Commuters are facing delays this morning after engineering works overran on the Shenfield to Liverpool Street line.
The train operator says delays are up to 15 minutes affecting those trying to get into London.
There will be no service at all today between Gidea Park and London to try and ease congestion.
Rail tickets are being accepted on the 86 and 25 buses which stop at stations between Romford and Stratford.
Greater Anglia said the fault would be “fully repaired overnight tonight.”
You may also want to watch:
Are you stuck in commuting chaos? Tweet us @ilfordrecorder, emails firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8477 3826.
- 1 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 2 Man airlifted to hospital after Gants Hill house fire
- 3 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 6 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 7 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 8 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 9 Fire damages Ilford flats