Clayhall has the highest voter turn out in Redbridge - find out where your area came
- Credit: Archant
Out of all the wards in all the borough, Clayhall had the highest voter turn out in the Redbridge Council 2018 elections.
Almost 50per cent of residents came out to take part in the democratic process with a showing of 48.98pc.
Following closely behind was Wanstead Park ward with a 48.27 turnout.
Wanstead Village ward took the third spot with 44.50pc and Barkingside clinched forth with 44.32pc.
A spokesman for the Clayhall Neighbourhood Whatsapp group said that since a spate of violent crimes earlier in the year, Clayhall residents have really pulled together and are much more engaged in local politics and the community.
You may also want to watch:
He believes this could be a contributing factor for the high turnout.
“Clayhall ward had the highest number of people voting out of all wards as the Clayhall community has come together like one big family,” he said.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 4 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 5 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 6 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 9 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
“The Clayhall Neighbourhood WhatsApp Group, the Clayhall Watch Group and Street Watch has been the driver behind reducing the crime.
“There is so much community spirit here, now.”
He said residents are invested in the future of Clayhall politically and want to work with the council and the newly elected Clayhall Labour councillors to further help the area.
At the the other end of the spectrum the ward with the least voter turn out in Redbridge was Valentines with only 31.60pc of residents making it to a polling station on May, 3.
The second worst ward for turn out was Loxford with 31.74pc followed by Goofmayes with 32.9.
To find out how many residents voted in your ward see the list below:
Clayhall Ward 48.98pc
Wanstead Park Ward 48.27pc
Wanstead Village Ward 44.50pc
Barkingside Ward 44.32pc
South Woodford 43.55pc
Cranbrook Ward 42.30pc
Churchfields Ward 42.27pc
Monkhams Ward 42.14pc
Newbury Ward 41.03pc
Fullwell Ward 40.55pc
Bridge Ward 40.05pc
Aldborough Ward 39.29pc
Fairlop Ward 37.23pc
Ilford Town Ward 35.77pc
Hainault Ward 35.38pc
Mayfield Ward 35.13pc
Seven Kings Ward 35.00pc
Chadwell Ward 34.04pc
Clementswood Ward 33.28pc
Goodmayes Ward 32.90pc
Loxford Ward 31.74pc
Valentines Ward 31.60pc