Classes taught by Robin Hood? What’s going on in Redbridge’s schools?
- Credit: Archant
What do you get if you mix together Robin Hood, the Cat in the Hat and a children’s laureate? World Book Day of course!
Oaks Park high School welcomed laureate Malorie Blackman to their school in Oaks Lane, Newbury Park to speak to students about her work.
The hallways and classrooms were filled, not with students and teachers, but droves of characters from their favourte books as everyone got into the spirit.
The day was marked with quizzes, competitions and special assemblies.
Over at Ilford Jewish Primary School pupils and staff also dressed up as their favourite characters for a day of stories and brilliant book fun.
You may also want to watch:
There was also classed based activities at the school in Forest Road, Barkingside.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 5 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 6 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 7 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 8 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 9 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients