Classes taught by Robin Hood? What’s going on in Redbridge’s schools?
- Credit: Archant
What do you get if you mix together Robin Hood, the Cat in the Hat and a children’s laureate? World Book Day of course!
Oaks Park high School welcomed laureate Malorie Blackman to their school in Oaks Lane, Newbury Park to speak to students about her work.
The hallways and classrooms were filled, not with students and teachers, but droves of characters from their favourte books as everyone got into the spirit.
The day was marked with quizzes, competitions and special assemblies.
Over at Ilford Jewish Primary School pupils and staff also dressed up as their favourite characters for a day of stories and brilliant book fun.
You may also want to watch:
There was also classed based activities at the school in Forest Road, Barkingside.
- 1 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 2 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 5 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 6 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 9 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 10 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home