Chigwell woman charged as part of Essex Police’s anti-drink and drug driving campaign
- Credit: PA ARCHIVE IMAGES
A Chigwell woman has been charged in connection with Essex Police’s Summer Anti-Drink and Drug Driving campaign at the weekend.
Janine Chinery of Limes Avenue, Chigwell, is due to appear at Basildon Magistrates’ Court on July 12, charged with failing to provide a breath specimen for analysis when asked to do so by officers.
The 31-year-old was arrested at Cranes Farm Road, Basildon, just before 2am yesterday (Sunday).
A total of 34 people - 29 men and five women - were arrested at the weekend on suspicion of drink or drug related offences.
The campaign, which was launched earlier this month, has led to the arrest of more than 100 people.
You may also want to watch:
Of those arrested over the weekend, 13 have been charged with offences and 11 have been charged with drink driving.
Adam Pipe, casualty reduction manager at Essex Police, said: “I hope these arrests send out a clear message to drivers thinking about getting behind the wheel under the influence of alcohol and or drugs.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
“Our officers are out there and they will catch you.
“If you drink and or take drug, be warned – it really is only a matter of time before you’re arrested and put before the courts.”