Cash boost for Clayhall Park
Clayhall Park is having up to £17,000 spent on it for visitors with sport and play in mind.
Councillors agreed two of seven possible schemes for the park in Longwood Gardens, Clayhall during a meeting of area committee four on Tuesday.
One is replacement play equipment up to £10,000.
The second scheme will see an artificial cricket wicket available for hire and casual use, at a cost of £7,000.
Five other schemes, including the repainting of tennis courts and a picnic table and benches, will be considered at a later date.
You may also want to watch:
The area committee met in Sinclair House, Woodford Bridge Road, Redbridge.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 10 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences