Cash boost for Clayhall Park
Clayhall Park is having up to £17,000 spent on it for visitors with sport and play in mind.
Councillors agreed two of seven possible schemes for the park in Longwood Gardens, Clayhall during a meeting of area committee four on Tuesday.
One is replacement play equipment up to £10,000.
The second scheme will see an artificial cricket wicket available for hire and casual use, at a cost of £7,000.
Five other schemes, including the repainting of tennis courts and a picnic table and benches, will be considered at a later date.
You may also want to watch:
The area committee met in Sinclair House, Woodford Bridge Road, Redbridge.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 5 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation