Cash award will make next year’s Wanstead Art Trail best ever – chairman
- Credit: Archant
Next year’s Wanstead Art Trail is set to be the best ever according to organisers, after they were awarded more than £500.
The money was given by area committee one to the Art Group Wanstead for a temporary public art commission, but they think it will arrive too late to be used on this year’s show.
Tomasz Wlodarczyk, chairman of the group, said: “It’s a nice surprise and we can certainly do some stuff with it. We try and make the show better every year and this will help us do something extra for next year’s art show.”
The art trail has been running for four years and last year it attracted work from more than 200 artists from Wanstead and the surrounding area.
“We will have to discuss what we are going to do with it at the next meeting, most likely a public installation of some sort,” Mr Wlodarczyk added.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in getting involved in this year’s art show, held from September 7-22, needs to register by the end of the month and can do so at www.artgroupwanstead.com.
The area committee meeting was held on Monday in Wanstead Church School, Church Path.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station