Cash award will make next year’s Wanstead Art Trail best ever – chairman
- Credit: Archant
Next year’s Wanstead Art Trail is set to be the best ever according to organisers, after they were awarded more than £500.
The money was given by area committee one to the Art Group Wanstead for a temporary public art commission, but they think it will arrive too late to be used on this year’s show.
Tomasz Wlodarczyk, chairman of the group, said: “It’s a nice surprise and we can certainly do some stuff with it. We try and make the show better every year and this will help us do something extra for next year’s art show.”
The art trail has been running for four years and last year it attracted work from more than 200 artists from Wanstead and the surrounding area.
“We will have to discuss what we are going to do with it at the next meeting, most likely a public installation of some sort,” Mr Wlodarczyk added.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in getting involved in this year’s art show, held from September 7-22, needs to register by the end of the month and can do so at www.artgroupwanstead.com.
The area committee meeting was held on Monday in Wanstead Church School, Church Path.
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home