Call for Ilford train station taxi rank to be turned into drop-off point for drivers
The taxi rank near Ilford station is barely used and should be partly converted into a drop-off area for drivers, according to a resident.
Steven Croft told Redbridge Council’s area seven committee that when he sees the rank, in Balfour Road, it is never full.
He spoke at a meeting in Christchurch Primary School, Wellesley Road, on Tuesday to ask councillors to look into changing use of the area.
Mr Croft said: “I have lived in the borough for 40 years and I know how that taxi rank is used.
“Even at peak times it is one third full maximum.”
You may also want to watch:
He said the lack of bays to allow drivers to pick up and set down passengers for the train station causes safety issues as cars pull over in busy Cranbrook Road.
Cllr Shoaib Patel, cabinet member for environment, transport and crime, said he would raise the issue with officers in his department.
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 3 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 4 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 5 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 6 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 7 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 8 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford
- 9 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 10 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'