Call for Ilford train station taxi rank to be turned into drop-off point for drivers
The taxi rank near Ilford station is barely used and should be partly converted into a drop-off area for drivers, according to a resident.
Steven Croft told Redbridge Council’s area seven committee that when he sees the rank, in Balfour Road, it is never full.
He spoke at a meeting in Christchurch Primary School, Wellesley Road, on Tuesday to ask councillors to look into changing use of the area.
Mr Croft said: “I have lived in the borough for 40 years and I know how that taxi rank is used.
“Even at peak times it is one third full maximum.”
You may also want to watch:
He said the lack of bays to allow drivers to pick up and set down passengers for the train station causes safety issues as cars pull over in busy Cranbrook Road.
Cllr Shoaib Patel, cabinet member for environment, transport and crime, said he would raise the issue with officers in his department.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 10 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge