Cabinet: Reshuffle of environment and community safety positions announced
A reshuffle of two positions in Redbridge Council’s cabinet was announced at last night’s meeting.
Cllr Alex Wilson, of Wanstead ward, was moved into a new position of planning and public protection, only 12 days after becoming the member for environment and transportation following the resignation of Cllr Sue Nolan.
That role will now be filled by Cllr Shoaib Patel, previously the cabinet member for community safety, planning and enforcement.
Cllr Wilson said: “Cllr Patel and I have effectively swapped positions but with some minor tweaks.
“Basically he takes environment and transportation but he keeps responsibility for our relationship with the local police.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Wilson’s role will include responsibility for licensing and public safety issues.
He said: “I’m very much looking forward to getting stuck into it.”
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 9 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 10 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
The reshuffle was announced at the cabinet meeting in Redbridge Town Hall, High Road, Ilford.