Cabinet: Reshuffle of environment and community safety positions announced
A reshuffle of two positions in Redbridge Council’s cabinet was announced at last night’s meeting.
Cllr Alex Wilson, of Wanstead ward, was moved into a new position of planning and public protection, only 12 days after becoming the member for environment and transportation following the resignation of Cllr Sue Nolan.
That role will now be filled by Cllr Shoaib Patel, previously the cabinet member for community safety, planning and enforcement.
Cllr Wilson said: “Cllr Patel and I have effectively swapped positions but with some minor tweaks.
“Basically he takes environment and transportation but he keeps responsibility for our relationship with the local police.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Wilson’s role will include responsibility for licensing and public safety issues.
He said: “I’m very much looking forward to getting stuck into it.”
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 3 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 4 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 5 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 6 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 7 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 10 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
The reshuffle was announced at the cabinet meeting in Redbridge Town Hall, High Road, Ilford.