Cabinet: Reshuffle of environment and community safety positions announced
A reshuffle of two positions in Redbridge Council’s cabinet was announced at last night’s meeting.
Cllr Alex Wilson, of Wanstead ward, was moved into a new position of planning and public protection, only 12 days after becoming the member for environment and transportation following the resignation of Cllr Sue Nolan.
That role will now be filled by Cllr Shoaib Patel, previously the cabinet member for community safety, planning and enforcement.
Cllr Wilson said: “Cllr Patel and I have effectively swapped positions but with some minor tweaks.
“Basically he takes environment and transportation but he keeps responsibility for our relationship with the local police.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Wilson’s role will include responsibility for licensing and public safety issues.
He said: “I’m very much looking forward to getting stuck into it.”
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 4 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 5 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
The reshuffle was announced at the cabinet meeting in Redbridge Town Hall, High Road, Ilford.