Britain votes to leave the EU
- Credit: PA ARCHIVE IMAGES
Britain has voted to leave the EU.
All the results have now been declared and the final count is in, showing Britain has voted to leave the EU
- Leave 51.9 per cent,17,410,742 votes
- Remain 48.1 per cent, 16,141,241 votes
Prime Minister David Cameron - who backed the remain campaign - is expected to make a statement outside Downing Street at 8am.
You may also want to watch:
The value of the pound fell to its lowest level in 31 years.
UKIP party leader Nigel Farage, who ardently supported the Leave campaign, has told supporters that June 23 should become “our independence day”
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 6 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 7 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 8 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
The Recorder will be asking what a Brexit will mean for Havering and Redbridge throughout today.