Britain votes to leave the EU
- Credit: PA ARCHIVE IMAGES
Britain has voted to leave the EU.
All the results have now been declared and the final count is in, showing Britain has voted to leave the EU
- Leave 51.9 per cent,17,410,742 votes
- Remain 48.1 per cent, 16,141,241 votes
Prime Minister David Cameron - who backed the remain campaign - is expected to make a statement outside Downing Street at 8am.
You may also want to watch:
The value of the pound fell to its lowest level in 31 years.
UKIP party leader Nigel Farage, who ardently supported the Leave campaign, has told supporters that June 23 should become “our independence day”
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
The Recorder will be asking what a Brexit will mean for Havering and Redbridge throughout today.