BREAKING NEWS: Hospital’s future ‘to be revealed today’
The findings of a full investigation into the health trust which runs King George Hospital is due today, amid reports the fate of its A&E and labour ward will also be revealed within hours.
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) launched its probe into the care provided by Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust (BHRUT) at the end of June.
It was to look at the care patients receive from the trust across emergency care, elective care and maternity services.
The investigation followed demands for improvement by the regulator in response to serious concerns about patient care.
BHRUT runs both King George in Barley Lane, Goodmayes and Queen’s Hospital, Romford.
You may also want to watch:
When the full probe was launched, CQC’s regional director for London Colin Hough, said: “We warned the trust that we would take action if we were not confident that all necessary steps were taken to ensure people receive safe care.
“This investigation will now determine what action is needed.”
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 10 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
Meanwhile, the Department of Health has indicated an announcement will be made late today, after the CQC’s report, on the future of A&E and labour services at King George.
Health secretary Andrew Lansley has been reviewing a report into plans to close both services since late July.
The Recorder website will be updated throughout the day with breaking news on the CQC report and any announcement on the future of services at King George.