BREAKING NEWS: Hospital’s future ‘to be revealed today’
The findings of a full investigation into the health trust which runs King George Hospital is due today, amid reports the fate of its A&E and labour ward will also be revealed within hours.
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) launched its probe into the care provided by Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust (BHRUT) at the end of June.
It was to look at the care patients receive from the trust across emergency care, elective care and maternity services.
The investigation followed demands for improvement by the regulator in response to serious concerns about patient care.
BHRUT runs both King George in Barley Lane, Goodmayes and Queen’s Hospital, Romford.
You may also want to watch:
When the full probe was launched, CQC’s regional director for London Colin Hough, said: “We warned the trust that we would take action if we were not confident that all necessary steps were taken to ensure people receive safe care.
“This investigation will now determine what action is needed.”
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 5 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 8 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 9 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan
- 10 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
Meanwhile, the Department of Health has indicated an announcement will be made late today, after the CQC’s report, on the future of A&E and labour services at King George.
Health secretary Andrew Lansley has been reviewing a report into plans to close both services since late July.
The Recorder website will be updated throughout the day with breaking news on the CQC report and any announcement on the future of services at King George.