BREAKING NEWS: Hospital’s future ‘to be revealed today’
The findings of a full investigation into the health trust which runs King George Hospital is due today, amid reports the fate of its A&E and labour ward will also be revealed within hours.
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) launched its probe into the care provided by Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust (BHRUT) at the end of June.
It was to look at the care patients receive from the trust across emergency care, elective care and maternity services.
The investigation followed demands for improvement by the regulator in response to serious concerns about patient care.
BHRUT runs both King George in Barley Lane, Goodmayes and Queen’s Hospital, Romford.
You may also want to watch:
When the full probe was launched, CQC’s regional director for London Colin Hough, said: “We warned the trust that we would take action if we were not confident that all necessary steps were taken to ensure people receive safe care.
“This investigation will now determine what action is needed.”
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 5 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 6 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 7 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 8 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 9 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
Meanwhile, the Department of Health has indicated an announcement will be made late today, after the CQC’s report, on the future of A&E and labour services at King George.
Health secretary Andrew Lansley has been reviewing a report into plans to close both services since late July.
The Recorder website will be updated throughout the day with breaking news on the CQC report and any announcement on the future of services at King George.