Boy taken to hospital after his hand is trapped in escalator at Ilford department store
A young boy was taken to hospital yesterday after his hand got caught in an escalator at an Ilford department store.
An ambulance crew and a paramedic were called to Debenhams in High Road just after 4pm.
The boy, whose age is not currently known, was then taken to Newham University Hospital.
His condition is not known but he was not taken to the hospital on a blue light, according to a London Ambulance Service spokesman.
A crew from Ilford Fire Station were also on the scene for one and a half hours.
You may also want to watch:
The department store is inside the Exchange Ilford shopping centre.
Inquiries have been made with the store.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 6 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 7 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 8 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford