Boy taken to hospital after his hand is trapped in escalator at Ilford department store
A young boy was taken to hospital yesterday after his hand got caught in an escalator at an Ilford department store.
An ambulance crew and a paramedic were called to Debenhams in High Road just after 4pm.
The boy, whose age is not currently known, was then taken to Newham University Hospital.
His condition is not known but he was not taken to the hospital on a blue light, according to a London Ambulance Service spokesman.
A crew from Ilford Fire Station were also on the scene for one and a half hours.
You may also want to watch:
The department store is inside the Exchange Ilford shopping centre.
Inquiries have been made with the store.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 3 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 4 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Young Citizen: 'Our community needs us the most right now', says Mutual Aid volunteer
- 6 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 7 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 8 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 9 Wanstead wine expert launches new shop
- 10 Inquest into murdered nursing student fails to establish cause of death