Boy taken to hospital after his hand is trapped in escalator at Ilford department store
A young boy was taken to hospital yesterday after his hand got caught in an escalator at an Ilford department store.
An ambulance crew and a paramedic were called to Debenhams in High Road just after 4pm.
The boy, whose age is not currently known, was then taken to Newham University Hospital.
His condition is not known but he was not taken to the hospital on a blue light, according to a London Ambulance Service spokesman.
A crew from Ilford Fire Station were also on the scene for one and a half hours.
You may also want to watch:
The department store is inside the Exchange Ilford shopping centre.
Inquiries have been made with the store.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 5 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 6 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 7 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 9 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding