Boy taken to hospital after his hand is trapped in escalator at Ilford department store
A young boy was taken to hospital yesterday after his hand got caught in an escalator at an Ilford department store.
An ambulance crew and a paramedic were called to Debenhams in High Road just after 4pm.
The boy, whose age is not currently known, was then taken to Newham University Hospital.
His condition is not known but he was not taken to the hospital on a blue light, according to a London Ambulance Service spokesman.
A crew from Ilford Fire Station were also on the scene for one and a half hours.
You may also want to watch:
The department store is inside the Exchange Ilford shopping centre.
Inquiries have been made with the store.
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 7 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 8 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 9 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 10 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands