Biker dies after being hit by van in Chigwell
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a motorcyclist died following a crash on Sunday.
The motorcyclist, a man in his 40s, from Romford, collided with a white Ford Transit in Abridge Road, Chigwell, near the entrance of Top Golf, at about 10.25pm.
The motorcyclist was riding a blue Honda CB600.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene and those in the van were uninjured.
Police closed the road up until about 4am yesterday while they investigated the area.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information about the crash is being asked to call Essex Police on 101.
Did you know the man? Send your tributes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 4 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 5 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 6 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 7 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients