Biker dies after being hit by van in Chigwell
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a motorcyclist died following a crash on Sunday.
The motorcyclist, a man in his 40s, from Romford, collided with a white Ford Transit in Abridge Road, Chigwell, near the entrance of Top Golf, at about 10.25pm.
The motorcyclist was riding a blue Honda CB600.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene and those in the van were uninjured.
Police closed the road up until about 4am yesterday while they investigated the area.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information about the crash is being asked to call Essex Police on 101.
Did you know the man? Send your tributes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 6 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 7 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines