‘Autism-friendly films’ to be screened in Ilford
A social care provider is offering autism-friendly films in Ilford thanks to its new partnership.
Dimensions, which supports people with autism and learning disabilities, has linked up with Cineworld.
Cineworld, Clements Road, Ilford, will show Nativity 2: Danger in the Manger on Sunday at 11am.
The partnership allows Dimensions to advise on adjustments including the lights being left on low, volume turned down and no trailers.
Dimensions and Odeon, its original partner, began their project in August 2011 and since then the screenings have grown in popularity.
You may also want to watch:
For more information and booking details, visit www.dimensions-uk.org/autismfilms.
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 4 Lorry driver cleared over elderly couple's crash deaths, inquest hears
- 5 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 6 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 7 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 8 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 9 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 10 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang