‘Autism-friendly films’ to be screened in Ilford
A social care provider is offering autism-friendly films in Ilford thanks to its new partnership.
Dimensions, which supports people with autism and learning disabilities, has linked up with Cineworld.
Cineworld, Clements Road, Ilford, will show Nativity 2: Danger in the Manger on Sunday at 11am.
The partnership allows Dimensions to advise on adjustments including the lights being left on low, volume turned down and no trailers.
Dimensions and Odeon, its original partner, began their project in August 2011 and since then the screenings have grown in popularity.
You may also want to watch:
For more information and booking details, visit www.dimensions-uk.org/autismfilms.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 2 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 3 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 4 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 5 South Woodford restaurant owner excited for return of diners
- 6 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 7 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 8 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead
- 9 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 Jailed: Seven Kings man gets 14 years for hammer attack