“At risk” Woodford Bridge conservation area could be subject to changes
The boundaries of an “at risk” conservation area could be changed and shop fronts and footpaths improved if plans go ahead.
Woodford Bridge conservation area, which was first designated in 1970, has been assessed and a number of improvements have been outlined including alterations to the boundary.
Stoneycroft Road, Waltham Road, Gainsborough Road and Gwynne Park Avenue could become part of the conservation area, whereas Purleigh Avenue could be removed.
According to a draft character appraisal, the idea is to recognise the changes that have occurred within the area over the last 40 years.
Speaking at last night’s area committee meeting in Ray Lodge Primary School, Snakes Lane East, Woodford Green, Cllr Paul Canal said: “This is clearly very important and we need to talk to the residents affected. “Can I suggest we have an evening to give people the chance to learn more about it?”
You may also want to watch:
Simon Algar, a conservation officer for Redbridge Council, agreed to look into the possibility of a presentation evening.
The area was placed on an “at risk” register by English Heritage in 2009 and struggles to continue to justify its status, according to a report by the council.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 3 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 4 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Young Citizen: 'Our community needs us the most right now', says Mutual Aid volunteer
- 6 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 7 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 8 Inquest into murdered nursing student fails to establish cause of death
- 9 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 10 Wanstead wine expert launches new shop
The results of a consultation, which began last week and will finish on June 24, will be assessed and be outlined in the final report.