Arrests made after tractor stolen in Chigwell
- Credit: Archant
A tractor was stolen and left in a restaurant car park in Chigwell.
Police were alerted by a witness at 4.30pm on Saturday when they saw that the vehicle was being taken from a farm in High Road.
The witness followed the tractor after calling police and saw it being parked in a restaurant car park in Lambourne End.
He then left the tractor and left the scene in a van driven by another man.
The van was spotted in the Abridge area at about 6.20pm following a police search.
You may also want to watch:
It was stopped later in Stapleford Abbotts.
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of theft of a vehicle.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 5 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 6 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
A 37-year-old man from Hutton and a 41-year-old man from Romford were later both bailed until July 4 pending further enquiries.