Andy who? Ilford youngster Rittik Anand selected among finest British tennis talent
- Credit: Archant
All eyes might be on Andy Murray at the Australian Open but an Ilford boy has been selected as one of British tennis’ brightest talents aged just 12.
Rittik Anand has played in a staggering 229 competitions despite his tender age and his hard work has booked him a place in a talent programme.
He will get extra support and funding after being selected for the Aegon FutureStars programme by the Lawn Tennis Association.
The talented youngster in one of 400 picked from around the country.
Leon Smith, LTA head of men’s tennis, said: “It’s a long journey for any player hoping to make an impact on the game but we hope that with the right support, these players are given the best possible chance of reaching their full potential.”
You may also want to watch:
Rittik is currently ranked 26 in the country for his category.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 6 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 9 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 10 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms