Andy who? Ilford youngster Rittik Anand selected among finest British tennis talent
- Credit: Archant
All eyes might be on Andy Murray at the Australian Open but an Ilford boy has been selected as one of British tennis’ brightest talents aged just 12.
Rittik Anand has played in a staggering 229 competitions despite his tender age and his hard work has booked him a place in a talent programme.
He will get extra support and funding after being selected for the Aegon FutureStars programme by the Lawn Tennis Association.
The talented youngster in one of 400 picked from around the country.
Leon Smith, LTA head of men’s tennis, said: “It’s a long journey for any player hoping to make an impact on the game but we hope that with the right support, these players are given the best possible chance of reaching their full potential.”
You may also want to watch:
Rittik is currently ranked 26 in the country for his category.
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 3 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 4 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 5 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 6 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 7 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 8 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 9 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence