Andy who? Ilford youngster Rittik Anand selected among finest British tennis talent
- Credit: Archant
All eyes might be on Andy Murray at the Australian Open but an Ilford boy has been selected as one of British tennis’ brightest talents aged just 12.
Rittik Anand has played in a staggering 229 competitions despite his tender age and his hard work has booked him a place in a talent programme.
He will get extra support and funding after being selected for the Aegon FutureStars programme by the Lawn Tennis Association.
The talented youngster in one of 400 picked from around the country.
Leon Smith, LTA head of men’s tennis, said: “It’s a long journey for any player hoping to make an impact on the game but we hope that with the right support, these players are given the best possible chance of reaching their full potential.”
You may also want to watch:
Rittik is currently ranked 26 in the country for his category.
- 1 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 3 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 4 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 5 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 6 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Mosque director: Ilford egg attack highlights Islamophobia Muslims face
- 8 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 9 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 10 Have you seen Casey, 16, missing from Ilford?