Andy who? Ilford youngster Rittik Anand selected among finest British tennis talent
- Credit: Archant
All eyes might be on Andy Murray at the Australian Open but an Ilford boy has been selected as one of British tennis’ brightest talents aged just 12.
Rittik Anand has played in a staggering 229 competitions despite his tender age and his hard work has booked him a place in a talent programme.
He will get extra support and funding after being selected for the Aegon FutureStars programme by the Lawn Tennis Association.
The talented youngster in one of 400 picked from around the country.
Leon Smith, LTA head of men’s tennis, said: “It’s a long journey for any player hoping to make an impact on the game but we hope that with the right support, these players are given the best possible chance of reaching their full potential.”
You may also want to watch:
Rittik is currently ranked 26 in the country for his category.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 5 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 6 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 7 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine