11 pupils from same Woodford Green school offered Oxbridge places
- Credit: Archant
To have one pupil make the Oxbridge grade is a success, but to have 11 offered - both conditional and unconditional - places is another feat entirely.
Bancroft’s School, in High Road, Woodford Green, have had nine pupils offered conditional places and a further two offered unconditional places to both Oxford and Cambridge universities.
Both Hugh Oxlade, who plans to read History at Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge, and Rory Sachs, who has a place at Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge, have unconditional places.
Mary Ireland, Bancroft’s head teacher, said: “We are delighted that the hard work and dedication that these students have shown over a number of years has been so richly rewarded.”
She added the pupils, including those on conditional places, are competing with the best in the world for Oxbridge spots.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Ireland said: “These students have performed exceptionally well, the competition for these prestigious offers gets tougher every year.
“They are not just up against the best in this country, but also the best in the world. We wish them all every success for the future.”
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 5 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation