11 pupils from same Woodford Green school offered Oxbridge places
- Credit: Archant
To have one pupil make the Oxbridge grade is a success, but to have 11 offered - both conditional and unconditional - places is another feat entirely.
Bancroft’s School, in High Road, Woodford Green, have had nine pupils offered conditional places and a further two offered unconditional places to both Oxford and Cambridge universities.
Both Hugh Oxlade, who plans to read History at Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge, and Rory Sachs, who has a place at Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge, have unconditional places.
Mary Ireland, Bancroft’s head teacher, said: “We are delighted that the hard work and dedication that these students have shown over a number of years has been so richly rewarded.”
She added the pupils, including those on conditional places, are competing with the best in the world for Oxbridge spots.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Ireland said: “These students have performed exceptionally well, the competition for these prestigious offers gets tougher every year.
“They are not just up against the best in this country, but also the best in the world. We wish them all every success for the future.”
- 1 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 2 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 7 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 8 Redbridge Tories urge front desk re-opening at Barkingside Police Station
- 9 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 10 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash