11 pupils from same Woodford Green school offered Oxbridge places
- Credit: Archant
To have one pupil make the Oxbridge grade is a success, but to have 11 offered - both conditional and unconditional - places is another feat entirely.
Bancroft’s School, in High Road, Woodford Green, have had nine pupils offered conditional places and a further two offered unconditional places to both Oxford and Cambridge universities.
Both Hugh Oxlade, who plans to read History at Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge, and Rory Sachs, who has a place at Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge, have unconditional places.
Mary Ireland, Bancroft’s head teacher, said: “We are delighted that the hard work and dedication that these students have shown over a number of years has been so richly rewarded.”
She added the pupils, including those on conditional places, are competing with the best in the world for Oxbridge spots.
Mrs Ireland said: “These students have performed exceptionally well, the competition for these prestigious offers gets tougher every year.
“They are not just up against the best in this country, but also the best in the world. We wish them all every success for the future.”
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Police no longer looking for man wanted in connection with assault
- 3 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 4 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 6 More headliners announced for We Are FSTVL 2022
- 7 TfL welcomes RMT decision to suspend first round of strike action
- 8 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 9 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 10 Dog units 'really good tool' to help police tackle violent crime, officers say