�1.5m cash boost pays for 240 new Redbridge sixth form places
School places for more than 200 sixth form students will be created thanks to a �1.5million cash injection.
Valentines High School, Cranbrook Road, Gants Hill, will create 50 places when it provides new science teaching accommodation within its grounds.
The work, costing �122,590, is like to start soon with proposals already formed and no planning permission needed.
At Woodbridge High School, St Barnabas Road, Woodford Green, a new sixth form accommodation block will be built creating 80 new places at a cost of �460,960.
Meanwhile, 60 places will be created at Trinity Catholic High School, Mornington Road, Woodford Green, with the building of a new sixth form accommodation block.
You may also want to watch:
The block has already been given planning permission and the total works will cost �512,104.
Chadwell Heath Academy in Christie Gardens, Chadwell Heath will provide 50 sixth form places at a cost of �500,000.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Wanstead Market set to re-open
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Music from Jessie J and Olly Murs to feature in new musical in Romford
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
The money for the 240 places, �1.5million, has come from a Young People’s Learning Agency Grant.