�1.5m cash boost pays for 240 new Redbridge sixth form places
School places for more than 200 sixth form students will be created thanks to a �1.5million cash injection.
Valentines High School, Cranbrook Road, Gants Hill, will create 50 places when it provides new science teaching accommodation within its grounds.
The work, costing �122,590, is like to start soon with proposals already formed and no planning permission needed.
At Woodbridge High School, St Barnabas Road, Woodford Green, a new sixth form accommodation block will be built creating 80 new places at a cost of �460,960.
Meanwhile, 60 places will be created at Trinity Catholic High School, Mornington Road, Woodford Green, with the building of a new sixth form accommodation block.
You may also want to watch:
The block has already been given planning permission and the total works will cost �512,104.
Chadwell Heath Academy in Christie Gardens, Chadwell Heath will provide 50 sixth form places at a cost of �500,000.
- 1 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 4 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
The money for the 240 places, �1.5million, has come from a Young People’s Learning Agency Grant.