�1.5m cash boost pays for 240 new Redbridge sixth form places
School places for more than 200 sixth form students will be created thanks to a �1.5million cash injection.
Valentines High School, Cranbrook Road, Gants Hill, will create 50 places when it provides new science teaching accommodation within its grounds.
The work, costing �122,590, is like to start soon with proposals already formed and no planning permission needed.
At Woodbridge High School, St Barnabas Road, Woodford Green, a new sixth form accommodation block will be built creating 80 new places at a cost of �460,960.
Meanwhile, 60 places will be created at Trinity Catholic High School, Mornington Road, Woodford Green, with the building of a new sixth form accommodation block.
You may also want to watch:
The block has already been given planning permission and the total works will cost �512,104.
Chadwell Heath Academy in Christie Gardens, Chadwell Heath will provide 50 sixth form places at a cost of �500,000.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 9 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 10 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
The money for the 240 places, �1.5million, has come from a Young People’s Learning Agency Grant.