�1.5m cash boost pays for 240 new Redbridge sixth form places
School places for more than 200 sixth form students will be created thanks to a �1.5million cash injection.
Valentines High School, Cranbrook Road, Gants Hill, will create 50 places when it provides new science teaching accommodation within its grounds.
The work, costing �122,590, is like to start soon with proposals already formed and no planning permission needed.
At Woodbridge High School, St Barnabas Road, Woodford Green, a new sixth form accommodation block will be built creating 80 new places at a cost of �460,960.
Meanwhile, 60 places will be created at Trinity Catholic High School, Mornington Road, Woodford Green, with the building of a new sixth form accommodation block.
The block has already been given planning permission and the total works will cost �512,104.
Chadwell Heath Academy in Christie Gardens, Chadwell Heath will provide 50 sixth form places at a cost of �500,000.
- 1 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 2 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 3 Caught on camera: 6 wanted fly-tippers and litterbugs
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Wendy's Ilford: New opening date for High Road restaurant after delay
- 7 Man allegedly commits GBH after robbing bottles of champagne from Tesco
- 8 Dispersal order enforced in parts of Gants Hill, Clayhall and Barkingside
- 9 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 10 How many Covid patients are there in east London hospitals this week?
The money for the 240 places, �1.5million, has come from a Young People’s Learning Agency Grant.