�1.5m cash boost pays for 240 new Redbridge sixth form places
School places for more than 200 sixth form students will be created thanks to a �1.5million cash injection.
Valentines High School, Cranbrook Road, Gants Hill, will create 50 places when it provides new science teaching accommodation within its grounds.
The work, costing �122,590, is like to start soon with proposals already formed and no planning permission needed.
At Woodbridge High School, St Barnabas Road, Woodford Green, a new sixth form accommodation block will be built creating 80 new places at a cost of �460,960.
Meanwhile, 60 places will be created at Trinity Catholic High School, Mornington Road, Woodford Green, with the building of a new sixth form accommodation block.
You may also want to watch:
The block has already been given planning permission and the total works will cost �512,104.
Chadwell Heath Academy in Christie Gardens, Chadwell Heath will provide 50 sixth form places at a cost of �500,000.
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 6 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 7 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 8 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 9 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands
- 10 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
The money for the 240 places, �1.5million, has come from a Young People’s Learning Agency Grant.