Lloyds bankers pay for a day of care at Haven House Children’s Hospice
- Credit: Archant
Children with serious health conditions at a Woodford Green hospice will get a day of care thanks to fun running bankers.
Staff from Lloyds Banking Group donned Haven House Children’s Hospice vests and took part in a 10km run in Regent’s Park to back the charity’s Pay for a Day appeal.
The team of 20, who titled themselves “We’ve Got The Runs”, raised more than £4,000 with donations still to come in.
With Lloyds matchfunding, they raised more than enough to pay for 24 hours of care at the hospice in High Road, which costs £3,835.
Through the appeal, donors can choose a particular day which they would like to fund, with the Lloyds group choosing October 3.
You may also want to watch:
The hospice’s chief executive Mike Palfreman said: “We are delighted that the team at Lloyds has become a Pay for a Day sponsor.
“We receive limited government funding, so we really rely on the support and generosity of corporate fundraising to help us to provide our vital services.”
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 9 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 10 Former Homebase development plans approved
The Recorder is the official media partner of the appeal and will be bringing you stories throughout the year - Haven House’s tenth anniversary - about its impact on the hospice’s work.
The run took place on June 2.
To support the appeal, visit www.havenhouse.org.uk or call 020 8505 9944.