Liverpool Street trains cancelled after line problems at Ilford
Rush hour commuters from Liverpool Street face cancellations and 20 minute delays to their journeys to Ilford and beyond due to overhead line problems.
Engineers from Network Rail are carrying out emergency repairs to the line near Ilford station.
Shenfield-bound trains are not calling at Manor Park or Ilford, and London-bound services will not stop at Seven Kings.
It is the third time in two weeks that overhead cable problems have made commuters’ rush hour journeys a misery.
A statement on the National Express East Anglia website reads this afternoon: “Train services on all routes via Ilford are being disrupted due to overhead wire problems in the Ilford area.
You may also want to watch:
“Engineers are working as fast as possible to restore services to normal. Short notice alterations, cancellations and delays of up to 20 minutes can be expected.”
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 4 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 7 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 8 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 9 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 10 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites