Liverpool Street trains cancelled after line problems at Ilford
Rush hour commuters from Liverpool Street face cancellations and 20 minute delays to their journeys to Ilford and beyond due to overhead line problems.
Engineers from Network Rail are carrying out emergency repairs to the line near Ilford station.
Shenfield-bound trains are not calling at Manor Park or Ilford, and London-bound services will not stop at Seven Kings.
It is the third time in two weeks that overhead cable problems have made commuters’ rush hour journeys a misery.
A statement on the National Express East Anglia website reads this afternoon: “Train services on all routes via Ilford are being disrupted due to overhead wire problems in the Ilford area.
You may also want to watch:
“Engineers are working as fast as possible to restore services to normal. Short notice alterations, cancellations and delays of up to 20 minutes can be expected.”
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 6 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 7 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 8 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 9 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 10 Public in 'parallel universe' to hospitals on Covid measures, meeting told