‘Little entrepreneur’ from Chigwell raises £80 for her nan’s charity by making rainbow looms
- Credit: Archant
A nine-year-old entrepreneur has decided to help raise money for her nan’s charity, by making and selling bracelets.
Talia Salahi, nine, from Chigwell, is selling multicoloured children’s bracelets, also known as rainbow looms, to make money for Hopes and Dreams.
She said: “I wanted to do something that would help other children who are unwell to experience their dreams and I felt that selling rainbow looms would help contribute to the happiness of these children.”
Talia started making bracelets a few months ago but only recently thought it could be a good idea to help make some money for Hopes and Dreams, which aims to make the dreams of critically-ill children come true.
Talia’s nan, Ruth Salahi, said: “She is such a kind and caring person who has worked so hard to earn as much money as she can for the charity.”
You may also want to watch:
Talia has so far raised around £80 but her rainbow looms are already in demand as she has about another 70 orders to complete.
Ruth said: “She’s our little entrepreneur!”
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 5 Sikh volunteer group hands out food to celebrate International Langar Week
- 6 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses