Life’s a beach: England beach soccer team on search for Ilford talent
- Credit: Archant
Lots of “potential talent” was spotted by the head coach of the England national beach soccer squad at a tryout held on Saturday.
The England squad showed off their skills and passed a few on to children at the beach volleyball courts in Loxford Park, Loxford Lane, Ilford.
An afternoon session was held by coach Terry Bowes, who was on the search for new players which could be in the 2020 Olympics.
Mr Bowes said: “It was great to see so many youngsters show up. We are really pleased that there seems to be so much potential talent which we will certainly keep an eye on for the future.”
In the morning about 30 children aged between seven and 14 turned up to learn skills from the England squad which was followed by tryouts for older children in the afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers were so impressed by the level of talent on offer they plan to return over the summer. For more information visit www.ukbeachpromotions.com.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit