Life’s a beach: England beach soccer team on search for Ilford talent
- Credit: Archant
Lots of “potential talent” was spotted by the head coach of the England national beach soccer squad at a tryout held on Saturday.
The England squad showed off their skills and passed a few on to children at the beach volleyball courts in Loxford Park, Loxford Lane, Ilford.
An afternoon session was held by coach Terry Bowes, who was on the search for new players which could be in the 2020 Olympics.
Mr Bowes said: “It was great to see so many youngsters show up. We are really pleased that there seems to be so much potential talent which we will certainly keep an eye on for the future.”
In the morning about 30 children aged between seven and 14 turned up to learn skills from the England squad which was followed by tryouts for older children in the afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers were so impressed by the level of talent on offer they plan to return over the summer. For more information visit www.ukbeachpromotions.com.
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 3 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 4 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 5 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 6 Thames Water says its drainage systems did not fail during flash floods
- 7 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 8 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford