Leyton Orient snap up Charlton goalkeeper Ben Alnwick
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Goalkeeper Ben Alnwick has joined Leyton Orient until the end of the season.
The 27-year-old joins from Championship outfit Charlton Athletic, for who he has made 12 appearances this season.
It will be the stopper’s second spell at Brisbane Road, having made eight appearances on loan in 2011.
Alnwick began his career at Sunderland, before an impressive spell between the sticks saw him snapped up by Spurs in 2007.
He struggled for first team football at Spurs, making only one Premier League appearance and being sent out on loan seven times to clubs such as Orient, Leeds and Leicester.
You may also want to watch:
Alnwick was released in the summer of 2012, joining Barnsley, but left just two months later to join the Addicks.
The goalkeeper is available to make his debut at Rotherham United tomorrow.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 9 Plot holders 'not convinced' by reassurances over allotments takeover plan
- 10 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
He will wear the number 31 shirt during his time at the club, vacated by Eldin Jakupovic after he was recalled by Hull City.
Orient manager Russell Slade was forced back into the transfer market after the Swiss-Bosnian goalkeeper was forced to return to the Tigers after first choice Allan McGregor was sent off for violent conduct at Crystal Palace on Tuesday.
He will face a three-match ban.
Alnwick played for Charlton as recently as Tuesday, playing the full 90 minutes in a 3-0 defeat at Doncaster Rovers.