Leyton Orient snap up Charlton goalkeeper Ben Alnwick
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Goalkeeper Ben Alnwick has joined Leyton Orient until the end of the season.
The 27-year-old joins from Championship outfit Charlton Athletic, for who he has made 12 appearances this season.
It will be the stopper’s second spell at Brisbane Road, having made eight appearances on loan in 2011.
Alnwick began his career at Sunderland, before an impressive spell between the sticks saw him snapped up by Spurs in 2007.
He struggled for first team football at Spurs, making only one Premier League appearance and being sent out on loan seven times to clubs such as Orient, Leeds and Leicester.
You may also want to watch:
Alnwick was released in the summer of 2012, joining Barnsley, but left just two months later to join the Addicks.
The goalkeeper is available to make his debut at Rotherham United tomorrow.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 3 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 4 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 5 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 6 Lorry driver cleared over elderly couple's crash deaths, inquest hears
- 7 Clouds, rain and sunny intervals: East London weather forecast this week
- 8 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 9 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 10 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
He will wear the number 31 shirt during his time at the club, vacated by Eldin Jakupovic after he was recalled by Hull City.
Orient manager Russell Slade was forced back into the transfer market after the Swiss-Bosnian goalkeeper was forced to return to the Tigers after first choice Allan McGregor was sent off for violent conduct at Crystal Palace on Tuesday.
He will face a three-match ban.
Alnwick played for Charlton as recently as Tuesday, playing the full 90 minutes in a 3-0 defeat at Doncaster Rovers.