Leyton Orient renew bid for Olympic Stadium review
- Credit: PA
The Brisbane Road-based club are hopeful permission for a review will be granted after oral hearing.
Leyton Orient have renewed its application for a judicial review in regards to the tenancy of the Olympic Stadium.
The club had a written request for a review rejected at the end of April by a court, but have now requested an oral hearing which will grant them permission to debate the tenancy issue of the Stadium in Stratford,
Premier League side West Ham United are due to move into the £535 million arena in August 2016.
The Hammers were declared as the anchor tenants in March, but the Brisbane Road side have previously expressed fears over the effect on their attendances if West Ham were to move to the Olympic Stadium, while O’s Chairman Barry Hearn had also hoped for a dual tenancy agreement with the current Upton Park side.
You may also want to watch:
A club statement read: “Leyton Orient would like to confirm that it has renewed its application for permission for a Judicial Review against the London Legacy Development Corporation in respect of their decision to deny the Club Olympic Stadium tenancy.
“The Club believes that in refusing permission, the Judge erred in his decision on reviewing the papers, and we are therefore opting to debate the issues at an oral hearing where we are confident that permission will be granted.”
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 3 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 8 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 9 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 10 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman