Leyton Orient loanee Eldin Jakupovic recalled
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Leyton Orient’s on-loan goalkeeper Eldin Jakupovic has been recalled by his parent club Hull City.
The Tigers’ first choice stopper Allan McGregor was sent off last night for lashing out at Crystal Palace midfielder Stuart O’Keefe.
The Scot faces a three-match ban leaving veteran Steve Harper as the club’s only fit senior goalkeeper.
Jakupovic, who has been capped by Switzerland at international level, has only conceded one goal in four games for the O’s since his stint at Brisbane Road began at the start of January.
He produced his best performance in an Orient shirt in last night’s 2-0 win over Coventry City, pulling off three outstanding saves to keep the Sky Blues at bay.
You may also want to watch:
The 29-year-old has quickly become a popular figure and his departure could see manager Russell Slade delve into the emergency loan market, which opens a week after the transfer window closes.
It leaves Jake Larkins as the League One promotion chaser’s only fit senior goalkeeper, and the 19-year-old has made only four professional appearances.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit
Jamie Jones is still a long way off being ready to return as he recovers from a back injury.