Leyton Orient loanee Eldin Jakupovic recalled
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Leyton Orient’s on-loan goalkeeper Eldin Jakupovic has been recalled by his parent club Hull City.
The Tigers’ first choice stopper Allan McGregor was sent off last night for lashing out at Crystal Palace midfielder Stuart O’Keefe.
The Scot faces a three-match ban leaving veteran Steve Harper as the club’s only fit senior goalkeeper.
Jakupovic, who has been capped by Switzerland at international level, has only conceded one goal in four games for the O’s since his stint at Brisbane Road began at the start of January.
He produced his best performance in an Orient shirt in last night’s 2-0 win over Coventry City, pulling off three outstanding saves to keep the Sky Blues at bay.
You may also want to watch:
The 29-year-old has quickly become a popular figure and his departure could see manager Russell Slade delve into the emergency loan market, which opens a week after the transfer window closes.
It leaves Jake Larkins as the League One promotion chaser’s only fit senior goalkeeper, and the 19-year-old has made only four professional appearances.
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 7 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 8 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
Jamie Jones is still a long way off being ready to return as he recovers from a back injury.